• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Thread - Season 6

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done to this seasons Champions

One Day
Division 1 - South Australia - Runners Up Karnataka
Division 2 - Victoria - Runners Up Queensland
Division 3 - Leicestershire - Runners Up Free State
Division 4 - Somerset - Runners Up Surrey
Division 5 - Western Province - Runners Up Karachi
Division 6 - Lahore - Runners Up Northerns

Four Day
Division 1 - Tamil Nadu - Runners Up South Australia
Division 2 - Warwickshire - Runners Up Western Province
Division 3 - ACT - Runners Up Somerset
Division 4 - Karachi - Runners Up Auckland
Division 5 - Leicestershire - Runners Up Guyana
Division 6 - Northerns - Runners Up Gauteng

CW Bar Cup
Winner - Northern Districts - Runners Up Queensland

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer well done to all winning and runners up teams, div 1 was so close with only 1 point seperating the 1st 4 teams......

cometer

State Regular
Delighted to have finished 1st. Well done to all the other winners and good luck to all the teams playing off to either stay up or get promoted.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Over the moon. After taking the spoon last year a special effort was put into the OD form of the game this season and to see it pay such massive dividends is great. The guys thoroughly deserve the win and everything that goes along with it.

Commiserations to Karachi, a galant second and to Guyana, who were pre-season favorites but once again were unlucky (considering they beat us twice)....

Oh well bring on Division 4.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'd not notice us pick up One Day wins that regualrry, I knew we'd been doing well, but I didn't really think we'd got that high up:p

Cloete

International Captain
Well done to all!

Particularly to Steve and Jason, in what was a great last day.

Jason in particular didn't have the strongest team in the division but managed to keep the lead for virtually the entire season only to be pipped by Steve.

Well done to Ian who turned things around in div 5 OD in the space of a season, good ton to the Rabbi and some wickets to Kumble is always good too! :D

Congrats to Nath who has been very unlucky in four day, possessing one of the strongest teams in div 6. Just don't go down the track of focussing solely on one form :p!

Meh Mr. P did okay... would have preferred to have seen Jamaica up there with some big runs to Jadhav :D, well done to Jamee to!

Congrats to Leicestershire, probably the best batting side in WCC and when they just keep hitting runs there aer very few teams who can stop them. Great work from Dave to turn them around so much since about season 4 or 5.

Well done to SA! Hakon hasn't had an easy time since taking over but he really deserves to win something, simply for his dedication and commitment. SA are the WCC One Day winners for season 6, well done! :)

Congrats to everyone else too, there has to be some losers (TN :dry: ) when we get so many winners!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Gutted :(

Well done to Leicestershire, Thouroughly deserved...
Good luck to Free State in that Playoff...

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Thankyou for all your kind words guys.

I do feel bad for Jason, and hopefully he is still able to get promoted into div 1, as I enjoyed the challenge of playing QLD.

I would also like to thank Age, his Colts defeated QLD twice and made this title possible for me.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Final One Day tables are on the website, you should be able to work out play off matches from there, but ill give official confirmation of those next week...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
LOL Somerset won by 8 points:)

so next season in D3 looks like we'll be taking on Worcestershire, ACT, Tamil Nadu, Auckland/Free State and Hampshire/Surrey. Good stuff...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Ian and his Western Province side. Although we beat them twice during the season and would be in the promotion playoff if we had won on the weekend, Western Province were the most consistent team and won the important matches. Good luck in Division four next season, our task will be tougher next season knowing we don't have 2 gauranteed wins in the one day tournament... :p