• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

M.Saggers

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok after many weeks of refusing to listen to offers for M.Saggers the Kent manager is now ready to listen to all comers.

Graham, you said earlier you wantted a good pacer, you wont get much better than M.Saggers (nearly has the same stats as B.Lee NSW)

One Day

M.Saggers Lower Order Fast Medium 14.36 7 29 74

Four Day

M.Saggers Lower Order Fast Medium 9.79 29 46 50

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw maybe putting in a late bid for saggers. but will only negotiate with kent manager and we will have to see

Rich2001

International Captain
No he hasn't I haven't confirmed that deal yet, because Bug's said he wantted to put a bid in so I delayed confirmation.

Graham

3rd Umpire
If you confirm a deal through u2u Rich, it's a bit rough on the other guy to pull out at the last moment m8 after he's posted it in the trades thread. :(

Graham

3rd Umpire
The original deal has been sanctioned by GB, so Saggers has gone to Karnataka in return for Joshi and Somasunder.
Once a deal has been agreed by u2u and posted in good faith, it should stick.

Rich2001

International Captain
The original deal has been sanctioned by GB, so Saggers has gone to Karnataka in return for Joshi and Somasunder.
Once a deal has been agreed by u2u and posted in good faith, it should stick.
That's a bit harsh as I never agreed to it.. I said I'll think about it, When Bug's said he was intrested I had every right to wait and see what he offered

Graham

3rd Umpire
GB's the boss. I'll abide by whatever decision he makes on the matter and adjust the player movement thread accordingly if need be.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It looks to me like no trade actually happened here - Rich was offered a negotiable deal, and never accepted it from what's been posted here.

As the deadline has since passed, surely the only way to sort it is to say that no trade has happened?

Rich2001

International Captain
The trouble is you can never prove that a conversation took place between the two of us, not saying it didn't, but I never agreed to any deal, yes I might have said that it was the best so far etc but never It's a deal and you can't even ask Karn manager because it's easy to just re-write anything.

So basically I or any other manager could turn around and say that we confirmed a deal with you for say Dravid in a u2u, and you could never prove that it didn't happen, likewise I could never prove it did.

Also one thing that I would like to point out is I did post in the forum twice earlier in the week saying the deal hadn't been confirmed:-

- Just a general comment after you had added it to the players movement thread saying that it hadn't been confirmed and you said you would remove it

- When Bug's posted a intreste, you said the deal had been done but I again replied saying it hadn't and again you said you would remove it...but you never did

Well now I have lost probley my best player and it's not like my squad is that strong anyway, And out of that apparent deal I got nothing......

Rich2001

International Captain
It looks to me like no trade actually happened here - Rich was offered a negotiable deal, and never accepted it from what's been posted here.

As the deadline has since passed, surely the only way to sort it is to say that no trade has happened?
Thanks Marc

It was always said that both parties had to agree and as I never replied in the forum for everyone to see......