• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

M.Saggers

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK I have spoken to both parties involved and i am goin to rule that there was Never any agreement that this was a deal and that the transfer is null-invoid...

Therefore Saggers will return to kent and Joshi and Somasunder will return to Karnataka....

Graham

3rd Umpire
I do actually agree with you both that deals should be confirmed by both parties in the trade post.
I think what caused the doubt here is that Aditya posted it as a confirmed trade which tended to suggest that agreement had been reached. It then looked that Rich backtracked because of late interest expressed by another manager. Now this might not have been the case at all - just looked that way.
I wonder if u2u's are saved on the website because if they were it would be rather easy to sort out what really happened.
Personally it's of no real concern to me whether or not the trade stands or is rescinded, but as I've said before, I think the matter needs to be resolved firstly by trying to reach agreement between Rich and Aditya or ultimately by GB if this fails.
Sorry the situation has arisen. I have no wish to make enemies.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I think this move is very harsh on me.I did not trade both my players thinking that they had been traded.The whole trade was done on msn.
After posting i told Rich to confirm the trade he told me that NSW manager is offering something.Then I said ok.I was waiting for his reply.Then i saw the NSW manager has left and i again asked Rich about the deal.I told that i was going to leave and told him that will he confirm.He said that he was posting his team for the 14th round and will confirm it after that.I took his word and left.This was wrong on his part as he should have told me that he was still looking for something better.Then the next day also i send him a u2u telling him that if he doesnt want to keep the deal then tell me.But he never replied.Its his fault.He should have replied that he was thinking.He never told me that he was thinking after the first time.
He kept the option with him.Now he thinks that his team cannot do without saggers so he wants him back.GB had also asked me if somasunder has been traded i told him that i had taken saggers and Rich would confirm it.I was not able to trade my players as i thought that when a person says something he keeps his words.
Please look in the matter and sort out things.

deckard

U19 Captain
I think we may need to set some guidelines for future trades, like that both parties have to agree in the board or something.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
One way would be to make all trading go on on the forum, but that's not a very good way IMO.

I do have to say though that Aditya you should have just pulled out of the trade if you wanted to trade those other 2 to someone else.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it is Rich's fault Marc.I kept my words that the players have been traded.Rich never told me after our last convo that he is not interested.He didnt keep his words that he would confirm after he puts his team for the 14th round.He should have told me at that time only that he was not sure.WHY DID HE TELL ME THAT HE WOULD CONFIRM THE TRADE AFTER SUBMITTING HIS TEAM.I am sorry to say that it was not a fair play by Rich.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So how come you didn't bring this up until now?

It's too late to trade him now I'm afraid, and as far as I can see, if someone doesn't officially confirm a trade, the trade hasn't happened.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
He was ready for my offer and now why he is telling that it is not good trade.Nobody has given him better offer than me.He was ready to sell saggers and i gave him the best offer so why he is now taking back his words.If NSW had given him a better offer which he might have accepted he should have told me that.But now when NSW has not offered him a better deal then why he is moving back.This means that he was taking me for granted.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, he's within his rights to back out of a trade if he decides he wants to keep the player - until the trade is confirmed by boh managers, which clearly hasn't happened here, no trade has taken place. It's harsh, but then again this game isn't meant to be easy!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Deals should be able to discussed in private so that managers aren't showing their intentions to others. Agreement reached in this manner then becomes a matter of TRUST. Once a deal is posted on the forum after agreement by both managers in private, what's to stop anybody pulling out before confirmation if another manager sees the agrrement and then does the dirty by trying to scuttle the deal with their own offer?
TRUST is a very important part of negotiating. If we don't have it, the game is a lot worse off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BUt the problem here is one party thinks the deal was agreed, the other says it wasn't, and so there is a bit of an impasse.

In my view all trades should be agreed by both managers on the forum, even if negotiations have gone on behind closed doors.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Its a very tough situation as all we have as proof is th word of both parties involved...

Graham has suggested a solution and i am looking into it, but i will not be letting anyone else know until it is confirmed, (This solution will be a 1 off and new guidelines will be set in place for future trade deals..)

More soon...