• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Okay Since my squad size is 21 and im supposed to reduce it to 10 , and since i have to get rid of 11 , If i trade 3 for say 5 other players , now im left with 8 and i kick the 8 , does it count as my squad is reduced to 10 , even though im getting 5 players from other teams ?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Picture your squad as only having 19 (not 21) as R.Smith and A.Aymes will be retired at the end of this season.
As you have picked up 3 draft picks and given away 1, at this point you will only be allowed to be able to keep 9 players maximum as you will only be allowed to drop 1 draft pick.
You will therefore keep 9 players and have 7 draft picks or keep 8 players and have 8 draft picks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Picture your squad as only having 19 (not 21) as R.Smith and A.Aymes will be retired at the end of this season.
As you have picked up 3 draft picks and given away 1, at this point you will only be allowed to be able to keep 9 players maximum as you will only be allowed to drop 1 draft pick.
You will therefore keep 9 players and have 7 draft picks or keep 8 players and have 8 draft picks.
I thought the dropping a pick was only if you wanted to keep 11?

Graham

3rd Umpire
GB will need to clarify this. I thought that anybody could drop a draft pick if they couldn't trade it off (as long as it means you keep 12 players max).
If the rule applies to one, it should therefore apply to all.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Im Still Confused bad some ppl saying something some saying something Else

Right now what i know what the Player Cut Down all about is

If i have 20 players in my squad and if i trade 5 my squad is now 15 and if i get 5 that is NOT counted until later so ive got 16 ppl in my squad , i kick say 6 , so now my squad is 10 and with the 6 dps my total squad size is 10+6 = 16 + the 5 drafts that i got so total squad size 21 is that right or wrong ?

deckard

U19 Captain
Ok get the number of you current squad (20) and subtract how may players you will lose say 5. Then add how many players you will gain say 7. So you squad is now 20-5+7=22. So now you need to cut down that 22 to 16 minus your draft picks. So if you have 4 draft picks you have to cut you team down to 12 cos 12+4dp=16.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Players you keep before the draft is:

16 - (Amount of draft picks)...

Tassie has 9 picks, thus they ONLYkeep (16 - 9) 7 players.