• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 2 - 4 Day.. Poised for some Fireworks..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Division 2 - 4DAY is coming up to something really big.. It cant get as tight as it is right now'

Warwickshire Lead with 63 Points ( 6 - 3 - 3 ( Played - Won - Loss ) )
Hampshire are tied at 1st place with 63 Points ( 6 - 4 - 2 )
Western Province are at 2nd place with 59 Points ( 6 - 4 - 2 )
Karnataka tied at 2nd place with 59 Points ( 6 - 3 - 3 )
Mumbai 36 Points ( 6 - 2 - 4 )
Yorkshire 30 Points ( 6 - 2 - 4 )

Upcoming Games and Predictions

Round 7

Hampshire vs Karnataka - Hampshire
Warwickshire vs Mumbai - Warwickshire
WP vs Yorkshire - WP

After that Hampshire is up against Warwickshire who we caused a huge upset win against and then Hampshire is up against WP, who was upset once again by Hampshire.
So we need to atleast win both those games.. or atleast beat 1 team hopefully Warwickshire.. and hope one of the other teams causes an upset on WP..

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yorks will probably goto division 3 in four day. I think we can hold onto D2 for one day, however.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think all divisions are fairly close, except for division four where Karachi are unbeaten all other divisions have at least three teams that can seriously consider taking their respective divisions' title. I think none of the teams (there is the odd exception) have a squad that is vastly superior to any other in their division. I'm just wondering if the new salary cap will continue that thread or bridge the gap between the stronger and the weaker sides?

12th Man

U19 12th Man
i was looking good at karnataka until the last 2 matches, poor defeats by warwickshire and mumbai.

no disrespect to mumbai, we should have beaten them

it just shows how wide open the league is

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yeah well i would have thought Karnataka would have beaten Mumbai.. that was a shock win for them.. whereas beating warwickshire? would have been tough.. but would have been great!

NZTailender

My team is "due". I need an explosion of form in the Four day game, from both a bowler and batsman. Tendulkar is in good nick as always but 1 player isn't enough. He's the only one averaging over 30 in the four day game, and the rest hover between 20-30 getting 50's here and there, nothing outstanding. This is why I can't wait until trading, I guess. Just have toride out the season. This round is make or break for Yorkshire.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
To be honest I'm expecting and would put money on a Warwickshire WP 1/2 finish. Both have played eachother twice with Hampshire and Karnataka still having to play both, and for both to get 2 wins I find a bit tough.

The order between Warwicksh and WP is a bit sketchy but, although WP have more wins and have beaten Warwicks twice they still lie 4 points behind.

I tip it to finish
Warwickshire
WP
Hamps
Karnataha
Mumbai
Yorkshire

nibbs

International Captain
the injury sim is attempting to screw over warwickshire, taking out rigby and and sriram for quite a few weeks. what a friggin outrage

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
ooh yeh.. thats sweet. lets hope the injury sim works its magic on WP aswell :p.. C Gamage is due back :D so things are gonna heat up..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibbs said:
the injury sim is attempting to screw over warwickshire, taking out rigby and and sriram for quite a few weeks. what a friggin outrage
You had the chance to appoint a physio to lessen the chance of injuries...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
You had the chance to appoint a physio to lessen the chance of injuries...
That didn't happen with us. No physio and we never get any injuries. Suddenly I pay for one, and we've had 3 injuries already this season.

NZTailender

Maybe it's a bug. Don't pay forphysio and it doesn't detect you on the radar in a way, but do it and your team name pops up etc...and does it to mainly those who paid lowest compared to others in the same divison.

yes?

No?

I'll shutup...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i like ur style u tail ender from the land of the long white cloud.

Certainly the injuries are bad for Warwickshire but they have happened at an ok time in my opinion. their big games are against WP and Hamps and they won't be affected by these injuries

NZTailender

Nah, Australia. But Kiwi mother. Moving there at the end of this year or start of the next.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
That didn't happen with us. No physio and we never get any injuries. Suddenly I pay for one, and we've had 3 injuries already this season.
Trust me, those that pay more do have a reduced probability of injuries.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Certainly the injuries are bad for Warwickshire but they have happened at an ok time in my opinion. their big games are against WP and Hamps and they won't be affected by these injuries
Happend at an Ok time? i think its the worst time to happen Ian.. they are in a tight spot with these 2 crucial injuries.. Rigby is their 3rd best bowler in the 4day Comp in our Division and Sriram 4th best batsmen..
So lets hope the other teams make it count.

But on the other hand your right aswell.. these 2 come back just in time for the crucial match against us.. and in their last and only match against us in the 4day competition
1st Innings - Rigby 6/109 - Sriram 47.. ( Both Being the best performers for Warwickshires 1st Innings)
2nd Innings - Rigby 5/81 - Sriram 61.. ( Again Both Being the best performers for Warwickshire in the 2nd Innings)