• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 2 - 4 Day.. Poised for some Fireworks..

nibbs

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Happend at an Ok time? i think its the worst time to happen Ian.. they are in a tight spot with these 2 crucial injuries.. Rigby is their 3rd best bowler in the 4day Comp in our Division and Sriram 4th best batsmen..
So lets hope the other teams make it count.

But on the other hand your right aswell.. these 2 come back just in time for the crucial match against us.. and in their last and only match against us in the 4day competition
1st Innings - Rigby 6/109 - Sriram 47.. ( Both Being the best performers for Warwickshires 1st Innings)
2nd Innings - Rigby 5/81 - Sriram 61.. ( Again Both Being the best performers for Warwickshire in the 2nd Innings)
certainly a concern, reuben. luckily gayle and bulbeck will come into the squad to cover for the next 2 matches against mumbai and yorkshire, which hopefully won't prove overly difficult. rigby and sriram should be back in time for the big show downs against hamps and karnataka.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Wow what a turnaround..

Warwicks and Hamps lost last weeks game.. and WP won.. but this week both Hamps and Warwicks won and WP lost.. This is getting even more tighter.. and all the weights down to the final big bouts now..

nibbs

International Captain
Western Province 96
Warwickshire 94
Karnataka 92
Hampshire lol 83
Mumbai 50
Yorkshire 50

There is so much to gain yet so much to lose going into the final round. In my opinion Western Province, Warwickshire and Karnataka are all well positioned to win the title. I don't think Hampshire will be able to get up though. Infact it's almost a mathematical impossibility. Elsewhere Yorkshire and Mumbai battle it out to try and lengthen their time in division 2. Whoever loses will be relegated, while whoever win wills probably be relegated by second place from division 3.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Western Province 96
Warwickshire 94
Karnataka 92
Hampshire lol 83
Mumbai 50
Yorkshire 50

There is so much to gain yet so much to lose going into the final round. In my opinion Western Province, Warwickshire and Karnataka are all well positioned to win the title. I don't think Hampshire will be able to get up though. Infact it's almost a mathematical impossibility. Elsewhere Yorkshire and Mumbai battle it out to try and lengthen their time in division 2. Whoever loses will be relegated, while whoever win wills probably be relegated by second place from division 3.
*Sniff* how true..just when things were holdin up for us.. its like knowin you'v got the upperhand in a boxing match only to be brought down and having your dreams crushed by an uppercut..

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
absolutely over the moon. After coming into this round in 4th place and needing to win to keep the title hopes alive, a crushing victory saw us leapfrog all 3 teams and jump to the top of the table.

The final round see's us take on Hampshire who got the better of us in the first leg, but they'll be extremely down on confidence and we're riding a huge high which we're going to take all the way back to South Africa. Hopefully to kick these guys while they're down and take the title.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
To paraphrase Simon "no team from Div 2 is in the same place on the table as when the round started."

:) SO yeah, fireworks indeed! Even for Yorks and Mumbai. We play next week and whoever wins will have a chance of remaining Div 2 :D