• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Cup Quarter Finals Fixtures and Discussion

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quarter Finals - Matches will be played on Tuesday August 2nd 2005.
Home team denoted first...

Northern Districts vs Western Province
South Australia [3] vs ACT [1]
Lahore vs Northerns
Tasmania vs Queensland

Simon

im a bit worried about my guys, after beating Warwicks and Tamil Nadu we could have some complacentcy (something ND has never been able to have!) WP will start favourites but i think we have a real chance of maybe making the final, cause the two outstanding teams in SA and ACT are playing each other this round...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
ooo big division 6 showdown :), good luck to all the managers.
Good Luck mate, rekon you'll be the last division 6 team standing :p

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
very happy with the draw against ND. We've beaten them on numerous occasions in the past and am very confident of doing so again.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How come seeds 1 & 3 are meeting each other in the quater finals, wouldn't they be seeded to meet each other in the semis?

cometer

State Regular
Because i believe apart from seeded through to specific rounds that its randomly paired so its possible that 1st could play 2nd in the first round they enter. Makes for an interesting semi and final with only 1 seeded team going to be in the semis

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great effort from the boys eliminating one of the danger teams, Colts.. Now to the old Foe, SA... A HUGE rivalry here with the winner rightly taking the favouritism for the competition.. By no means is this a 2 horse race, this competition has always thrown up a few surprises and this year is no exception...

C'Mon ACT...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
How come seeds 1 & 3 are meeting each other in the quater finals, wouldn't they be seeded to meet each other in the semis?
Probably a punishment for SA as they missed the team sheet. (edit: No, we didn't, I've just got a bad case of amnesia...)

Never mind, we're still going strong :happy:

Last edited:

Simon

injuries are on the site and the team thread for the cup is up, please get them in by monday midnight Aus time...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
With Gul having a 1 week injury does that mean that he is avilable for the next Division game at the end of the week (after missing a cup game) or the cup game doesn't count?

cometer

State Regular
thewizard1o1 said:
With Gul having a 1 week injury does that mean that he is avilable for the next Division game at the end of the week (after missing a cup game) or the cup game doesn't count?

I believe he still misses the division match (ie round 8 one day) still as from memory just as players don't get injured in cup matches they can't recover from one either so you'll miss Gul for the upcoming one day match as well. People can correct me if i have misinterpreted this