• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest Serving Managers for a Club?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I was just wondering who are the longest serving managers for the clubs.. I saw simon bring it up with a line in one of his mid season report cards and was very interested to know if someone could tell me who some of the longest serving managers have been..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think only bugs and graham have held the same position since the very start of wcc. On top of that on Jason hase been a manager since day 1. Maybe deckard at Canterbury too, i cant be sure of that though.

Blewy was only CEO and didnt start managing until during season 1 and i didnt join until about midway through that year. Also i believe u joined shortly before me didnt you lord?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cometer said:
I've been around since mid way through season 4 but yeh don't intend to leave in a hurry either.
Yeah, you certainly are committed. Our conversation the other week was the first time I have had a substantial conversation that only involved WCC.

cometer

State Regular
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, you certainly are committed. Our conversation the other week was the first time I have had a substantial conversation that only involved WCC.
Lol one of the reasons for that must have been cause we were arguing about who was gonna win between our two sides, both of us believing the other was going to win. Should be a interesting last half a season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cometer said:
Lol one of the reasons for that must have been cause we were arguing about who was gonna win between our two sides, both of us believing the other was going to win. Should be a interesting last half a season.

I think our clash in round 9 will be a very important game.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i think only bugs and graham have held the same position since the very start of wcc. On top of that on Jason hase been a manager since day 1. Maybe deckard at Canterbury too, i cant be sure of that though.

Blewy was only CEO and didnt start managing until during season 1 and i didnt join until about midway through that year. Also i believe u joined shortly before me didnt you lord?
Yeah i think i remember taking over Hampshire shortly before you arrived in season 1.. i think you are right

Bugs and Graham are the longest serving club managers.. then comes me midway.. what about Nibbs.. he has had Warwickshire right from the start too didnt he?

Simon

lord_of_darkness said:
Yeah i think i remember taking over Hampshire shortly before you arrived in season 1.. i think you are right

Bugs and Graham are the longest serving club managers.. then comes me midway.. what about Nibbs.. he has had Warwickshire right from the start too didnt he?
no Marc was he first Warwickshire manager, Nibbs managed somewhere else before that. Marc then chose to go to Surrey and Nibbs got his job...

Simon

i believe Blewy was managing SA before u took over, deckard im still not sure about, ill pencil u in at 5 at this stage

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I started with Glamorgan half way through season 1 and moved to Qld during season 2. Definitely Bugs and Graham as the longest serving with one team

Simon

rich is gone though, he doesnt really count, and again ur forgetting blewy... and from memory i joined before Jason...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
How long to go before I become the longest serving Glamorgan manager? Or am I already it :p

Simon

umm Jason managed them for around a season, someone else has managed them for about the same ammount of time, but they definately havent had what ud call a long serving one...