• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest Serving Managers for a Club?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer boys me and graham have had rivalry since round 1 many seasons ago, blewy was just a simmer until he stood in for sa about 4 or 5 rounds in.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'm pretty sure I must be the longest serving Worcester manager. I've been here since the middle of season 3, which means out of about 5 1/2 seasons I've been here for 3.

Graham

3rd Umpire
bugssy said:
yer boys me and graham have had rivalry since round 1 many seasons ago, blewy was just a simmer until he stood in for sa about 4 or 5 rounds in.

Indeed! :p

When WCC started with just 2 divisions and 16-20 teams (can't recall exactly), Blewy was a manager short. As I was quite active on the Cricketgames.com ICC forum at the time, I was invited to make up the numbers so that the whole thing could get underway.

There's a small group of people who've done a massive job keeping the whole thing going over that time - Blewy, Simon, Marc, Sriram (with his new sim), Dave and others that I'm sure you'll remind me about.
As for me, I've never really had the time or computer skills to contribute in a major way, but I can say with pride that I've NEVER missed a deadline since the start! :happy: