• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Bar Cup Round 1 Results and Discussion

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the 1st Round of the cup has been run...

Some very good matches with some teams showing some good early season form....

A few Academy sides also gave a good account of themselves..

Anyway here are the scorecards!!!

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some terrible performances by big league sides against academy teams. At least ND won. thank god i have Holland!!!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
lol it's a pity my team can't bat like that in official matches...

but definately NOT a pity that they don't usually bowl that bad...

meh, at least we won and Godwin and Beasley made tons...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana shock Surrey!

And get first win in the CW Bar Cup!

How about that! If only my boys could put in that sort of performance in the regular One Day competition. A few players saved their spots for the game coming up on the weekend.

Just a question: the results in this game don't count towards a players' end of season average do they?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Oh how the once mighty Mumbai have fallen! :D :p

WA showing the way of the future for Aussie cricket! 8-)

And Yorkshire? Perhaps they should move offshore and play in the local Bangladesh competition! :-O

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Guyana shock Surrey!

And get first win in the CW Bar Cup!

How about that! If only my boys could put in that sort of performance in the regular One Day competition. A few players saved their spots for the game coming up on the weekend.

Just a question: the results in this game don't count towards a players' end of season average do they?
no they dont...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Pretty happy with my teams performance against a very good free state lineup, to only lose by 25 runs. Just noticed i won on forfeit, a very sweet win indeed :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
WOW! great game between Karachi and TN.. very upset to have not got over the line. But very satisfied with the boys performance. Well played TN and well deserved victory Cloete.

Cloete

International Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
WOW! great game between Karachi and TN.. very upset to have not got over the line. But very satisfied with the boys performance. Well played TN and well deserved victory Cloete.
Unlucky mate! Didn't I tell you it would happen though? :D

My bowling showing once again how crap they are and my batting (especially cowe) showing once again how good they are. Anyway you were very unlucky, but it was a top game! :)

Cloete

International Captain
Cloete said:
Yepp looking forward to it! If your bowlers really turn up then you should win... my bowling has left alot to be desired this year. Depends on the depth and/or strength of your batting though, but if it's strong or you bat deep you should win it. The only thing that will win it for me will be my batting.
Gotta love it :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good stuff from Ottawa, Santiago, Edinburgh and Boston :D

I'm eagerly awaiting the second round draw now, would prefer to avoid some academy teams and get someone like ND instead :p

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
Good stuff from Ottawa, Santiago, Edinburgh and Boston :D

I'm eagerly awaiting the second round draw now, would prefer to avoid some academy teams and get someone like ND instead :p
i dont think i could handle that!