• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When do players retire??

deckard

U19 Captain
Just wondering when you decide when a player is going to retire?? Around what age would u say?? Does their ability effect this eg Waugh brothers.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I have stated that any player over the age of 38 will be retired, age has no effect on ability the only effects on ability is if ur player has a bad season there career Ave will go down therefore making his less a player the following season...
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Retiring Players will be released this week...

Anoop

U19 12th Man
GB, why not make it random?
Not all players retire after 38.. A.Stewart is playing very well.. :cry:

Select players above 38, and randomly decide (using a program, if you wish) who will retire and who will not .

just a suggestion..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There will be random retirements,(sriram is designing a program for this, The reason i am saying 38 is that there are quite a few players who are 38 or older and i wanted to get them out to get in the new blood, but the Retirement generator will be doing all the retirements in the future...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
i'd love to say im that quick but i have to admit it was all coincidence.....
:P :P :P :D :D :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
You probably should have let people know about the automatic retirement at 38 (which I think is good) before trading.
I have traded N.Fairbrother(39) to Tassie in return for S.Young as neither of us was aware of the rule.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm ok i could probably make a special dispensation in this case, i will let u guys know...
:D :D :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
If Paid prefers, just undo the trade and retire Fairbrother.
Mind you, as age doesn't hinder performance under VCM4 and Fairbrother has had a useful season, Paid might prefer a dispensation.
Best ask him I suppose or for you to decide what's best.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Do I take it then Paid that you'll stick with the deal?
I need to know quickly so I can organise my side and any possible trade deals.
Cheers, Graham.