• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No longer 100%

bryce

International Regular
I have just been forfeited because i failed to post my starting XI on the deadline(which is a first for me in WCC), which is also fair i must add. However the thing that ****s me off is how long it took for Mr 'do everything before the deadline or else' took to submit the ****ing match results. I have an automated mindset with WCC whereby i ponder over 3-4 days after the latest rounds match is complete about my team make-up for the next round, then i decide to post my team - which has worked flawlessly ever since i started playing this great game, but someone had to spoil the party. He makes excuses for himself but doesn't take any from anyone else which displays a selfish attidude in my eyes. I don't care what anyone thinks of me after this, and although i still love the game of WCC and would love to keep playing - i don't have time for this fake-*** playa or his attidude of pushing everyone else but letting himself slide. He once told someone it's fine if they quit because there are a huge number of people queing up to play, well he go find another one 'cause i quit.

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
2 options board, i know it may sound stupid after what i just said(even though i meant every word) but i need to find out what's gonna happen so i can move on...either,

i quit
or
waive my forfeit & carry on like nothing happened, i would then propose that if matches are simmed later, then team XI deadlines should be extended accordingly....
here's my team for this week if you decide on the latter

Barbados XI
1.C.Hemanath Kumar
2.S.Kotak
3.K.Pieterson
4.P.Haylett
5.I.Gunaratne
6.M.Digweed
7.F.Reifer(Captain)(WK)
8.T.Bradshaw
9.E.Graham
10.G.Singh
11.H.Venkat

Cloete

International Captain
Interesting situation. As a board member I'm not very happy with the way you're trying to get this point across. But I do beleive you have a point, becuase this no chances no excuses policy is obviously harsh. But Blewy expects everybody's teams in by thursday, yet can do the games whenever it's convenient for him. I guess it's a case of double standards.

However when we consider how much Blewy does I guess it's fair enough, anyway I guess it's a fair point. But in no ways am I disagreeing with Blewy's rules, whatever decision is made as long as it's done in the best interests of WCC, then I'll be happy.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
But Blewy expects everybody's teams in by thursday, yet can do the games whenever it's convenient for him. I guess it's a case of double standards.
Not really, because getting a team of eleven in involves a heck of a lot less work than simming 18 VC4 games!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Don't think Blewy will relent after making it clear that there are now NO excuses for missing deadlines. If this means you're gone Bryce, I'll be sorry to see you go.
I'm seriously thinking about this being my last season. I'll see how motivated I am towards season's end, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the new system. I'm not criticising it as it makes WCC a whole lot more realistic and Marc should be applauded for the time and effort he has put into getting it up and running. However, it'll take extra time and thought and I'm not sure I'll be able to give matters the necessary attention. Still, the end of season is a long way off, so I'll see how I feel then.

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
well then, shouldnt my forfiet get waived to???

mate u missed the deadline, me to. get over it - there is no one to blame but urself

bryce

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Not really, because getting a team of eleven in involves a heck of a lot less work than simming 18 VC4 games!
that's true, but submitting a team late effects about 2 people whereas simming 18 matches late each effects 36 people

bryce

International Regular
cbuts said:
well then, shouldnt my forfiet get waived to???

mate u missed the deadline, me to. get over it - there is no one to blame but urself
i won't get over it just because you said to, i've got my own policies on forfeits as do you and i am not willing to accept one especially when i feel there were other factors beyond my control contributing to me missing the deadline

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah AFAIC I see no way this can get overtturned. I mean it just isn't an option.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wow bryce, i dont quite get this, u missed the deadline, u forfeit, its not the first time its happened, it wont be the last. you arent going to lose your team, you just wont get the points this week. Just make sure u post in the future and you wont have any problems...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i know 3 people in this world called bryce... and this guy joins the other 2 as a f*ucking ******... he is a selfish and spoilt ******! Get over yourself mate. The amount of work Blewy does for you in WCC, he isn't obliged to give you **** man. He doesn't take a cent out've your pocket and gives you his time, yet you carry on like a squeling bitch. Get some respect or get out.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bryce, i can understand why you're upset, but i dont get it... you say you're quitting, and then you submit your team anyway??

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I have an automated mindset with WCC whereby i ponder over 3-4 days after the latest rounds match is complete about my team make-up for the next round, then i decide to post my team
so thats why in OD round 3 you posted your team on the Saturday, the day the thread opened?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bryce said:
2 options board, i know it may sound stupid after what i just said(even though i meant every word) but i need to find out what's gonna happen so i can move on...either,

i quit
or
waive my forfeit & carry on like nothing happened,
Bye then.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
But Blewy expects everybody's teams in by thursday, yet can do the games whenever it's convenient for him. I guess it's a case of double standards.
No, it's a case of him giving up his own time to run this, so it should fit in round his life.