• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

:o BIG NEWS DUE!!!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I dunno how many of you guys check out the news ticker on the site, but i do.... like every day. And just saw that some big news is about to be announced. Now I'm chatting to Blewy and trying to get the nut cracked but he isn't budging... even to the WCC board and it's all being kept under wraps. With interest in WCC at such a high at the moment I'm wondering what this big news could be. He reckons it should be released over the next couple of weeks to months... Does anybody have any idea out there as to what it could be...

My only idea is that it could be about salary caps.... what are all your thoughts

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But almost certainly too difficult to organise.

That's what we found last time we did an in-depth study and at that time we found it was too complex for us to run.

We'd all love to have salaries etc. in there, but sorry folks, it ain't happening!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If it is not salary caps then maybe it is a 20Twenty Cup, or maybe training, squad sizes, i wondering what it could be???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And what a wonderful manager you make then.
LOL he's only saying that, he pestered me for half an hour earlier today trying to get it out of me..

Slats4ever

marc71178 said:
But almost certainly too difficult to organise.

That's what we found last time we did an in-depth study and at that time we found it was too complex for us to run.

We'd all love to have salaries etc. in there, but sorry folks, it ain't happening!
any suggestions marc... to maybe try and create some interest. or are you just going to get on your high horse and try to slam other peoples ideas and thoughts?

Slats4ever

another idea that i had was along the idea of training as well. but i don't know if the VC4 will be able to cater for that. maybe blewy has other ideas

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it would be nice to have one that takes in fielding and batting strike rates, or does this one already do that??

If it doesn't then that would add something to selecting the sides IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Maybe a couple of new teams? I guess though thats the most unlikely due to it'd be very hard to organise and keep track of?

Actually the least likey would be a team made up entirely of cross-dressing penguins with banjo's.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Yeah it would be nice to have one that takes in fielding and batting strike rates, or does this one already do that??

If it doesn't then that would add something to selecting the sides IMO.
I don't think it takes fielding into account. It takes s/r into account but not for World Club Cricket (I'm pretty sure).

I had another thought. Perhaps a 'fair dinkum' representitive season during the off season.

Mister Wright

NZTailender said:
Maybe a couple of new teams? I guess though thats the most unlikely due to it'd be very hard to organise and keep track of?

Actually the least likey would be a team made up entirely of cross-dressing penguins with banjo's.
We just added a new division for season six, so I think that would be unlikely.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:

Who told you??

This was meant to be a secret :p

Slats4ever

i think u cracked it tailender!!! all of blewy's penguin idea's are thrown down the toilet!!! (I just realised u had family guy in ur sig... i think we'll get on)

I was actually thinking mayve the opposite. maybe the contraction of all the teams. Making it smaller in effect but keeping just as managers in play. I dunno how but it might involve this. Come out've your shell Nibbs we all know you care.

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
i think u cracked it tailender!!! all of blewy's penguin idea's are thrown down the toilet!!! (I just realised u had family guy in ur sig... i think we'll get on)

I was actually thinking mayve the opposite. maybe the contraction of all the teams. Making it smaller in effect but keeping just as managers in play. I dunno how but it might involve this. Come out've your shell Nibbs we all know you care.
What do you mean by 'managers in play'?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
How does the current representitive season work
there is none, its perhaps and idea to look at if this isnt already what blewy has in mind...