• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

:o BIG NEWS DUE!!!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
What do you mean by 'managers in play'?
managers playing WCC. Like make the whole set up smaller and more compact (getting it down to say 16 teams) and having 2 managers per side or something..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
managers playing WCC. Like make the whole set up smaller and more compact (getting it down to say 16 teams) and having 2 managers per side or something..
I don't know how 2 managers per side would work, I konw I wouldn't like to share the duties.

I would love to see a representitve season that rewards the managers who have performed well during the season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
any suggestions marc... to maybe try and create some interest. or are you just going to get on your high horse and try to slam other peoples ideas and thoughts?
I was heading out to work so didn't have time to make a massive post - but I didn't want everyone to get too excited about something we've looked at before and had to rule out as not possible owing to the amount of work needed.

As for other ideas, I've already suggested a few to Blewy, and hope it's one of those, but again I don't want to speak out of turn until I get confirmation from him.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
I don't know how 2 managers per side would work, I konw I wouldn't like to share the duties.

I would love to see a representitve season that rewards the managers who have performed well during the season.
We had a pretty good one either the season you were introduced or jsut before you were introduced. That was out of Oceania, UK and Rest Of The World. It worked really well but there just wasn't enough support from other managers. Managers were voted in by other managers in their area based on performance during the season.

I haven't got a clue what this could be, but yes it could very well be something like a rep season.

Mister Wright

Cloete said:
We had a pretty good one either the season you were introduced or jsut before you were introduced. That was out of Oceania, UK and Rest Of The World. It worked really well but there just wasn't enough support from other managers. Managers were voted in by other managers in their area based on performance during the season.

I haven't got a clue what this could be, but yes it could very well be something like a rep season.
Perhaps the managers should make their interest known by nominating themselves as manager and then other managers vote for them or something like that. That way we get the managers that want to do it.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Perhaps the managers should make their interest known by nominating themselves as manager and then other managers vote for them or something like that. That way we get the managers that want to do it.
No, I mean the interest was high for the managers voetd on. But for those managers that weren't, the interest level among them was very low.

Graham

3rd Umpire
There are so many teams now that you could run a competition involving many countries as opposed to regions.
Ooops! Maybe that's the big secret - sorry Blewy mate! :huh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Graham said:
There are so many teams now that you could run a competition involving many countries as opposed to regions.

I call Togo!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Graham said:
Maybe not consider there is 10 teams from England and most of the other countires only have 2 to 4, with Australia having 7. Australia and England have a lot more players to pick from then the other, as well as having more teams in the top division. If they were going to do it then regions is probably the best way with England (10), Oceania (10), Asia (8) and Rest of the World (8)

Blaze

Banned
Blewy said:
I dont care what you do, but this is WCC and we dont want ur childish crap in here...

Wow man I am genuinely sorry. If I knew you felt that strongly about it I wouldn't have said it.

Anyway I don't want to ruin your thread so I will stop here.

I have been taking a look at your WCC game recently and it looks really good and interesting

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah i thought maybe they could be putting things in regions instead of divisions to... i reckon that'd be a bit've fun.

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
yeah i thought maybe they could be putting things in regions instead of divisions to... i reckon that'd be a bit've fun.
I like divisions. It gives you something to aim for. If it were in regions it would lessen the enjoyment, at least for me.