• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Academy Season 6

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey Guys
The new academy season will be starting shortly, possibly a week or two after the start of the main WCC competition, first of all for anyone who wants to sign up they can go here.
This season will be a bit different to season 5. this time around there will be a Northern Hemisphere division and a Southern Hemisphere Division. Each side will play the other in their division once, with each team getting 1 possibly 2 finals matches against sides from the opposite hemisphere.

The draw will be on the website shortly in the Academy section

There will be 16 sides, 8 in each division, with squads of 17 players each. the teams that are competing are as follows:
North
Munich (Germany)
Rotterdam (Netherlands)
Limerick (Ireland)
Cardiff (Wales)
Edinbrugh (Scotland)
Boston (USA)
Ottawa (Canada)
Baghdad (Iraq)

South
Nairobi (Kenya)
Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Santiago (Chile)
Singapore City (Singapore)
Bangkok (Thailand)
Pretoria (South Africa)
Lusaka (Zambia)
Windhoek (Namibia)

Managers who are on the waiting list will be asked to accept these positions in the coming days, if anyone wants any more information, just track me down and ill let you know...

cheers
Simon

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
can i sign up for an accademy side, then i want to bring those players up to the nsw side..lol

cbuts

International Debutant
ah, cardiff is in wales, not scotland

how about a central districts team. its the only one in the nz comp that isnt involved

Simon

nibbs said:
bangkok is in the northern hempisphere, not south...

still interesting imo
well it can still play in the south division, because i want it to :p

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
So much for Oslo...not to mention Kampala in Uganda ;)
not everywhere can have a side, theres 4 african sides there, enough imo...

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
I've replied to that email... hope it's not too late, hotmail sorts stuff into junk mail when its not, thats so annoying :@

Simon

naa ur in, still waiting on a couple of more people to reply before i start sending out the squads...