• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Academy Season 6

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I will be running the games today. It is normally on Fridays but I was sick last week.

Agent TBY I do not have your application unless you are Dup and Sim Singh. Could you please send another one through.

Kyle, I sent you an email with an explanantion as to what would happen with you.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jason can u do me a favourand tell me which teams that are still in the cup DO NOT have managers?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Argonaut said:
I will be running the games today. It is normally on Fridays but I was sick last week.

Agent TBY I do not have your application unless you are Dup and Sim Singh. Could you please send another one through.

Kyle, I sent you an email with an explanantion as to what would happen with you.
Yeah, got that mate - thanks.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alright, I've just received Edinburgh. Hopefully I can take the One Day form that we've displayed in the CW Bar Cup into the Academy's One Day competition, our results thus far have been very ordinary. Really looking forward to working with our opening pair who have been excellent in both forms for us thus far.

Finally, thanks a lot for letting me come on board guys. I can't wait to get stuck into this.

Simon

we're happy to have u aboard :)
good to see more forum regulars getting involved...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
Alright, I've just received Edinburgh. Hopefully I can take the One Day form that we've displayed in the CW Bar Cup into the Academy's One Day competition, our results thus far have been very ordinary. Really looking forward to working with our opening pair who have been excellent in both forms for us thus far.

Finally, thanks a lot for letting me come on board guys. I can't wait to get stuck into this.
woot! edinbrugh!
good to see someone like you is taking over the helms, vic. i'm sure you'll manage them very well

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Which sides don't have managers? I'd happily be a fill in until we get managers.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
woot! edinbrugh!
good to see someone like you is taking over the helms, vic. i'm sure you'll manage them very well
Yeah, so it seems. :ph34r:
Ah well, it'll take a while to get a hang of it all. I might spend another year in Academy if I don't feel I deserve a promotion to a real team (that is if I get a choice :-O )

EDIT: By the way, do Academy sides have to write up match reports?

Last edited:

Simon

managers can only manage 1 side usually, we have slightly bent the rules in allowing some people manage a main side and an academy side, but its completely out of the question for anyone to manage 2 sides in the academy...

Simon

vic_orthdox said:
Yeah, so it seems. :ph34r:
Ah well, it'll take a while to get a hang of it all. I might spend another year in Academy if I don't feel I deserve a promotion to a real team (that is if I get a choice :-O )

EDIT: By the way, do Academy sides have to write up match reports?
you can if you like, as i said before, managers that show more enthusiasm in the academy will be more likely to be given a promotion when a team comes up...

DJellett

International Debutant
I was always given the line that it was in order of joining, something which held me back from making it into WCC for a long time...I am outraged quiet frankly at this statement of bleedingly obvious double-standards. An explanation please?

Simon

DJellett said:
I was always given the line that it was in order of joining, something which held me back from making it into WCC for a long time...I am outraged quiet frankly at this statement of bleedingly obvious double-standards. An explanation please?
it is to an extent, say for example if theres a position in wcc available and theres 4 people who we feel have posted their team, participated in discussions etc... we would then give it to the highest person on the waiting list out of those 4. Its not good enough to turn up every 2 or 3 weeks, post a team and expect to be given a wcc team that you wont look after anyway...

DJellett

International Debutant
Fair enough. Thanks Simon. Sorry about that, I was working and it was tedious and annoying. I shouldn't have taken it out on the good name of WCC or yourself. And I PROMISE I will be more dedicated to the WCC Academy nowdays, I have my new computer (IT'S SO AWESOME!) and I will be involved whole-heartedly. Again sorry.

Dylan

Simon

ok good to hear, when you had been around in the past you had been a dedicated manager, it was just a shame you werent around too much at all...

DJellett

International Debutant
Yes sorry. I was thrown out of home and it's all been a little messy with that, but now I've settled down in a new house and with my cpu n all I'll be back around FOR SURE!

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Unfortunately you will need to reapply. You missed quite a few weeks and your side has been given to another manager. If you had let me know your situation I could have made some concessions.