• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wcc sport information and statistical analysis company

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
this is a new company formed by myself for the player points awards

there will be a few changes to the format for next season, season 6 but i would also like to here your views and if or what changes you would like to see......

* one change will be in the fc format with 3,2,1 not really giving a true indication so it will be replaced by 5,4,3,2,1 in the longer version. this was more consistant performances wont go un missed. one day will still be 3,2,1.

if there is anything else you guys can think of that may be worthy adding to the season 6 player of the year awards please post em here and i will get back to you on the matter.......

i hope the first official player of the eyar awards went well for all players and managers and this will only get bigger and better......

bugs malone
ceo
information & statistical analysis group

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i don't think the system really needs any major changing. I liked it last year... If you haven't made a stand out performance you really shouldn't be eligible of a prize... so top 3 works the best. It also just makes extra room for argument about who gets the points...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer very true but the problem i had with fc rounds is 2 innings with so many players doing well in one game it was so hard to work out who got the 3,2,1 but with 5,4,3,2,1 it would make my job at hand that little bit more easier but this is why i have got this thread for suggestions........ maybe i could even do the 4,3,2,1..........

nibbs

International Captain
the only gripe with the awards that i had bugs was that m. pascoe's 32 wickets in the one dayers wasn't recognised. if there's gonna be an all rounder award, why isn't there also a bowler and batsmen award that perhaps could be taken from stats rather than points...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe so Nibbs, but we can't have an award for everything... My team won every competition we were in yet not 1 of my players won an award... Can't have everything...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I personally think that awards are better done solely at the end of the season.

If someone gets 2-40 in every innings he won't get many points, but he'll end the season with some very good figures.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I personally think that awards are better done solely at the end of the season.

If someone gets 2-40 in every innings he won't get many points, but he'll end the season with some very good figures.
that's my point marc. Pascoe took 32 wickets, which afiak is 2nd best season by a bowler in the one dayers behind M Ramage in season 3. He was was well clear of every other bowler.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I disagree, Look at where most of the winners of awards are on the runscorers/Wickettakers list... they are all near the top...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i new this would happen not every player / manager can be kept happy, sorry that u feel this way nibbs but there is not much more i can do,.

thierry henry

International Coach
I think nibbs is basically agreeing with your reasoning on the 5,4,3,2,1 thing bugs. Consistent performances should be rewarded.

nibbs

International Captain
bugssy said:
i new this would happen not every player / manager can be kept happy, sorry that u feel this way nibbs but there is not much more i can do,.
bugs damit. ii'm saying that maybe the divisional players of the season should be based upon the points however. however i think along with the allrounder awards, batsmen and bowler awards should be included. and these awards should be taken from season stats.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i really like Bugs idea and i'm behind it through and through. For him to go through the games every week and pick three players is real dedication and I think he did a fantastic job!!!

There are flaws in every system... Nibbs in yours there's the case that a batsman could hypothetically score 20 all year and come out and score a triple hundred and be crowned player of the year on one effort..

Bugs keep it up... if you ever want help one week I will help you. I loved getting the old on going points ladder..