• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 78 News Update

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Big Benaud reporting on a media conference done with Jason the Manager of Yorkshire Phoenix.
Media=M Yorkshire Manager=YM

M:What do u think of NSW?
YM: Ive already said they are stupid heads, do u want me to tell u that they are stupider heads.
M:Yes, why do u think that?
YM: Dont get me wrong they are probably the second best team in the league game but they are only the second best team in the Cup game, they think they are good but are stupid.
M: What brought this on?
YM: Well I saw that none of the games in the season have much of spice to them and I wanted games to mean something otherwise it might get dull.
M: But they have done nothing to you?
YM:and....
M: Do u think this weekends game has any relevance to the cup decider?
YM: Yes it means something, bragging rights and whoever wins will have a psycologic edge in the final.
M: This winning streak u are on do u think u can keep it up til the end of the season?
YM: There is no reason why not...we are playing well and i think even beating QLd is a chance.
M: And what about these rumours that u are sending McKenzie and Gough to the draft?
YM: I dont think thats of your concern i think this interveiw is ova. Thank you

And with that he left. We are now waiting on a similar interveiw from the NSW manager, Bugsy with a response to these stupid head replies.
The Tasmanian manager, Paid the Umpire will hopefully also be interviewed later this week.
From Yorkshire County Cricket Club headquarters this is Big Benaud reporting.

Thank you

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Interveiws with other managers are needed.
Wouldnt it be good if all the managers were interviewed(by Themselves) in a basic same format. Twood be good
8D 8D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK just for u UM i'll be having an interview with Duncan Armstrong from Fox Sports Central later today...
:D :D :D

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
onya GB
South Australia have some pressing things that need answered
Like if your going to let Darren Lehmann go to Yorkshire
8D :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL nice try mate....

U got more chance of Getting Bradman....
:P :P :P :P :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
hmmmm never know what young up and coming prospects will appear...
:P :P :P :P :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome to back Fox Sports Central, we now cross live to the Adelaide Oval to talk to South Australian Cricket Manager Brendon Goff...

DA: Hi Brendon thanx for taking time out to talk to us today..

BG: Hi Dunc No worries champ....

DA: Well brendon firstly congrats on the season so far, how do u feel it has panned out for urslef and the team???

BG: Well Dunc its panned out very well for myself, at the beginning of the season i wasn't even in a job, but the SA vacancy come up and i was very keen to take the job, the side was in an ok situation when i took over although they were bundled out of the CA Cup in the 1st round but since then the boys have really lifted and they feel that they should be in the Top division and they are very keen to get there...

DA: Has the team lived up to all your expectations when u took over the reigns???

BG: Well the boys are professionals and with the likes of Boof, Blewy, Dizzy, who are all international standard players along with a good blend of youth and experience the guys have really impressed... There were a couple of games in which they could have performed better but it has been a full team effort and if 1 player fails another steps up to the plate and shoulders the load...

DA: This week u have the top of the table clash with TN, U have beaten them already this season how do u feel u'll fair in the Indian conditions????

BG: Well everyone knows the Indian conditions are tough but thats were our international boys will step up and lead the way, Its a big game and we have big game players...
My main concern though is not the Indian conditions its that Clown Billy Bowden showing up to umpire, i mean i'll take Stevie wonder over that clown anyday...

DA: LOL yeah Billy is a bit of a D*ck isn't he??

BG: D*ck, Thats an understatement....

DA: Anyway back to the team, any changes this week???

BG: Na no changes same team as last weeks friendly just Blewy drops to 4 and Boof goes to 3 in the order...

DA: Now with the season coming to an end the draft must be starting to stir in the back of your mind... Any ideas on who'll be leaving and who'll be coming to SA???

BG: Well i have an idea on who'll be departing SA, but as for who'll be moving here just depends on who other teams pick up...
The academy series starts this week and we'll get a good idea on who will be the hot property then....

DA: Finally Brendon, The CA Cup, u were unfortunaltey knocked out but with the Final only a few weeks away who do u think will be the Inaugural Champs???

BG: Well Dunc, its gonna be a close one...
NSW are without doubt the better team on paper but Yorks have been playing out of their skin and they have knocked a few big teams over in the last few weeks...
I honestly think that the next few weeks will determine the outcome, whoever has the better run into the final will come out on top, but if i had to pick today i'd probably go with the Blues...

DA: Well Brendon thanx for ur time and good luck with the weekends match...

BG: yeah thanx Dunc no worries...

DA: That was SA manager Brendon Goff there and we'll be back after the break.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
OK just for u UM i'll be having an interview with Duncan Armstrong from Fox Sports Central later today...
:D :D :D
And Richie Benaud rang and asked if he could speak with me. I told him it would have to be later this week and he said that was fine!

[Edited on 8/5/02 by Eyes_Only]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
lol :D nice interview there umpire , it still doesnt have what it takes to phsyc buz up though i reckon :P

honest the game against bugz was fixed :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
its greg matthews from the dead set ledgends here. we have scored an interview with bugz malone the nsw manager and we will bring it to u shortly.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Good morning and welcome to Westpac Trust Park for the first time today. The Northern Districts team has been put through a searching training run ahead of this weekend's must win match against Tasmania at Tasmaina, by their manager Eyes_Only.

This match is shaping up to be an abouslte cracker and I had the pleasure of speaking to Eyes_Only a few moments ago.

RB: It's a pleasure to speak with you Eyes_Only.

E_O: Always a pleasure to speak to you Richie.

RB: The game against Tasmania at home will be a tough one for you to win considering they beat you at home by 4 wickets last weekend.

E_O: It will be a tough one that's for sure, but the boys are looking forward to the trip. Tasmania at home are difficult to beat but they are not unbeatable.

RB: The team looks as strong as it has been for quite a while. Are you happy with the team?

E_O: Very happy with the team. The boys know that if they don't perform in this game, they will be dropped to make way for the guys who have been waiting in the wings for their chance. Simple as that. There are plenty of guys who are just waiting for their chance in the top team and they will be given it.

RB: Any changes to report?

E_O: None at this stage. We are looking at a couple of options for the batting order and as I said those who don't perform will be dropped.

RB: I noted with great interest that both Simon Taufel and Nick Fowler have been appointed to umpire this match. I also know that you are an umpire and were trained by both Nick and Simon. As the CEO (Umpiring), did you have any influence on their selection for this match?

E_O: Not at all. Yes I was trained by both Nick and Simon and I consider them to be good friends and they are my umpiring mentors but this did not have any bearing on their selection for this match.

RB: A final question, do you know who you are aiming to pick up in the upcoming draft?

E_O: Yes. We have worked out a list of who we'd like but it remains to be seen who we will actually pick up.

RB: Thank you for your time Eyes_Only and good luck for the match.

E_O: Thank you Richie.

RB: And we'll be back at Westpac Trust Park in a few moments.

[Edited on 8/6/02 by Eyes_Only]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
RB: I noted with great interest that both Simon Taufel and Nick Fowler have been appointed to umpire this match. I also know that you are an umpire and were trained by both Nick and Simon. As the CEO (Umpiring), did you have any influence on their selection for this match?

E_O: Not at all. Yes I was trained by both Nick and Simon and I consider them to be good friends and they are my umpiring mentors but this did not have any bearing on their selection for this match.
PLEASE!!!!!

Whata load of Crud....
;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :P :P :P

Eyes_Only

International Debutant

PLEASE!!!!!

Whata load of Crud....
;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :P :P :P
Just because you've got Billy for the rest of the season you don't have to be like that!! :X ;) :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll be hard for Billy to umpire any games after my Hitman is finished with him....
ooops

oh i mean um he will all of a sudden be unavailable to officiate in any games for reasons unbeknown to myself...
:D :D :D ;) ;) :P :P :P

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
It'll be hard for Billy to umpire any games after my Hitman is finished with him....
ooops

oh i mean um he will all of a sudden be unavailable to officiate in any games for reasons unbeknown to myself...
:D :D :D ;) ;) :P :P :P
Oh that's quite ok then GB...I'm sure I can find someone in the Development Panel to replace him!! BTW I wonder what Daryl Harper or Darrell Hair are doing for the rest of the season...I'm sure they'd love the practice!! :X :X :X :X

[Edited on 8/6/02 by Eyes_Only]