• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Cloete and I were having a talk before about who we thought were the top 3 players on WCC....

Now there is a rule to this thread u can't vote for your own players, but i'm just wondering who u all think are the best players in WCC...

For me it's

O Clarke
R Stratton
Q Moore

Slats4ever

hahaha nah i dunno he rates Llewelly, Darden and Harkness.. but i told him not to flatter me

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
hahaha nah i dunno he rates Llewelly, Darden and Harkness.. but i told him not to flatter me
lol, thats very un-cloete like ;)

Cloete

International Captain
lol Shut up Ian and Simon... IMO it's too hard to pick the best players. But I can pick teh best 3 all-rounders.

Overall:

A Jones
R Stratton
M Beasley
4D:

R Stratton
O Snow
M Beasley/Y Porter (A few people may say I'm biased, but on stats Beasley's average is 38 and s/r is 37, econ is 3.85. Porter's average is 36 s/r is 35, econ is 3.69. Now for me I can't split those two, current form I can't split them either. Beasley would probably have it, but he's jsut a bit light on bowling. Most people would say Beasley though overall.. but I'm not so sure. Both talented players though :))

OD:

A Jones
A Tweedie
Extremely difficult.. Possibly someone like Wadekar?

Clarke is unlucky to miss out but his batting in either form is good enough to class him as good an all-roudner as some of these guys. Avge of 18 in OD and 27 in 4D...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Moore for me, HOWEVER he wont be a major star until he clears the 2nd season sydnrome...

It struck players like Darden and Jenkins who were touted as being the best a few seasons back and until he clears that then my judgement is reserved...

Stratton is definatley at the top as well, because he can fill either a batsman or a bowlers role in any team...

A Jones for me doesnt rate a mention... His batting was hyped up because of his NO's and his bowling has fallen away in recent times...

As ACT manager i have been extremley surprised with Tweedies OD efforts and also believe Platt could be a star of the future..

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Moore for me, HOWEVER he wont be a major star until he clears the 2nd season sydnrome...

It struck players like Darden and Jenkins who were touted as being the best a few seasons back and until he clears that then my judgement is reserved...

Stratton is definatley at the top as well, because he can fill either a batsman or a bowlers role in any team...

A Jones for me doesnt rate a mention... His batting was hyped up because of his NO's and his bowling has fallen away in recent times...

As ACT manager i have been extremley surprised with Tweedies OD efforts and also believe Platt could be a star of the future..
Tweedie had it all... he was my first pick in one of the rounds. But he appeared on my draft list in every round.

An average mid 40's and a s/r of 32 is excellent. Not surprising to see him do so well.

Slats4ever

Blewy said:

TALK IT UP... i'm out this trading season to get more yesterday heroes on board at WCC again. I reckon one season they're all going to revisit former glories and i'm going to win every game by like a innings and 400...

ps i'm out to get Q Moore as well I've decided he's the runaway best

nibbs

International Captain
OD Batsmen - V Mane
OD Bowler - K Ali
FD Batsmen - D Howarth
FD Bowler - S Harwood