• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retirements Season 6

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Retirements have been done for another year, please everyone take notice that you can trade these replacement rookies in the trading period, but not the ones in the academy, same rules as previous seasons....

----------------------------
Retirements
M Hayden (lancs)
S Lee (nsw)
G Blewett (kent)
N Pothas (qld)
A Caddick (wa)
S Fernando (warw)
V Laxman (colts)
M Parlane (tn)
P DeFreitas (tn)
S Ganguly (glam)
S Pollock (Kar)
S Sharath (som)
J Langer (som)
B Lara (act)
M Khan (act)
A Flower (tas)
D Samaraweera (leics)
J Paranjpe (mum)
R Campbell (auck)
D Brown (worcs)

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon

age_master said:
again all the top rookie players manage to go to the top sides
how do you figure?
very few of those players are class anyway, and the ones that are didnt go to the best sides really....

NikhilN

International Regular
People told me Tendulkar was going to retire this season and wanted me to trade him to them, good thing I didnt listen

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw dissapointed with the retirement of s lee.

all the good players are gonnneeeeee!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAHAHAHA Bugs, you said you were gonna get Josh into cricket early but dont you think this is taking it a bit far :p

Auckland J Malone Medium | 27 0 44 86 | 34 4 72 60

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ACT have mixed reactions to the retirement of Lara and Khan and to the callup of rookies Hutchinson and Curtis.. Hutchinson has shown some class in the 4D arena but other then that theres not alot to write home about, but in saying that Lara and Khan have not stood out this season so im not sure they will be that sorely missed...

nibbs

International Captain
fernando retired as planned but disapointed that a rather weak rookie came through in his place. however good rookies seemed to be lacking there so it aint all bad

Cloete

International Captain
two players retiring for me... was hoping for a keeper to replace Parlane.

Pretty bad retiree rookies though tehre may be a slight possibility of retaining Hayward as a backup for 4D and an OD batsman..

Kent and Lancs got a great rookie... it's a bit disappointing that none of the lesser teams got any decent rookies

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Worst result possible has been realised.

Lost the two potential retirements, both excellent players. Have been replaced by two terrible ones. After a whole rebuilding period finally looking nearly complete, it's annoying to have to do it again:(

Simon

Blewy said:
HAHAHAHAHA Bugs, you said you were gonna get Josh into cricket early but dont you think this is taking it a bit far :p

Auckland J Malone Medium | 27 0 44 86 | 34 4 72 60
and the worst thing is he's bringing him up as a kiwi!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr. P said:
Worst result possible has been realised.

Lost the two potential retirements, both excellent players. Have been replaced by two terrible ones. After a whole rebuilding period finally looking nearly complete, it's annoying to have to do it again:(

That tends to happen when your rebuild with older players.

Mr. P

I had to take that risk. My hope was for Sharath/Langer to stay on board for one more season and give me a chance to sell them...dweh they were worth it though, the pair have been in my top 3 players this season...

Mr. P

If it wasn't for the fact B Collyer is about to come through, I would be REALLY ****ed off...

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Rumours about Matthew Elliot's retirement can now be put to rest. Matthew has decided to stay on, and is enjoying his role helping the junior players at the club.