• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Cup Round 3 results and discussion

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
6th seeds nsw have been knocked out by 13th seed canterbury.....a steady tonn from shetty didnt help nsw as it was a slow and draining tonne which didnt see the blues post a big enough total...c gayle won the game for canterbury with an unbeilavable spell of bolwing 2 14 of 12 and then come out and knocked up a lazy 167 (171) to secure the canterburt boys a birth into the next round........tamil nadu where also the big shock loosers going down chasing a small total. giants south australia put in an impressive victory hitting a big total.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ACT very pleased to get another win and move into the Quarter finals...

A game that returned 2 wickets for 455 runs from 120 overs was very exiting but in the end ACT comfortably got the ticket through to the next round.. Rookie F Platt again dominating, along with Dawny who's run of form recently has been awesome...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Gayle was amazing...167 from 231 is brilliant, plus a spell of bowling that stopped NSW mounting a massive score...superb:)

Good for everyone I think that TN were knocked out:D

nibbs

International Captain
hmmm, some of the batting efforts seem to lack realism in these 60 over matches...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nothing we can do about it nibbs, while i didnt agree, the majority said 60 overs was the way to go

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
20 wickets fell for 251 runs in a surreal match at Bangalore - Tamil Nadu had it in the bag at 74 for 2 with Birch and Powar at the crease, but the young Sri Lankan talent Jaminda Sigera had help from spinners Lennox Cush and Vijay Wadekar as Tamil Nadu crashed to 119 chasing 133 in the Battle of India. ACT, Colts, Lancs, Kent, Canterbury, SA and Warwicks join Karnataka in the quarters, second seed Yorkshire being knocked out, which means Karnataka are effectively the second best team left in the competition. However, the batting needs to shape up, even though the Bangalore track has shown serious signs of complete disintegration in the past week (similar to the Karnataka batting line-up, in fact)

Rich2001

International Captain
Well that was just a tad to close for comfort there, hopfully the boys will up it in the next round :cool:

Rich2001

International Captain
nibbs said:
hmmm, some of the batting efforts seem to lack realism in these 60 over matches...
broncoman said:
nothing we can do about it nibbs, while i didnt agree, the majority said 60 overs was the way to go
Gezz Have to say that there is a spark of truth in that statment, 389 in 60 overs to highlight one, if you keep that up you better not draw me in the next round!

Out of intrest who did back the 60 over format? because I don't recall a vote for it, mine Iam aware I haven't been as active as I would have liked this season... I know Blewy like me always said we wantted a short version of the game to make it different from the league, at the end of the day as long as iam winning iam not too concerened :p :cool:

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:
i'd rather see it as 50 or less. in these 60 overs games, it seems to me some sides are treating them like first class matches... :-O

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich2001 said:
Gezz Have to say that there is a spark of truth in that statment, 389 in 60 overs to highlight one, if you keep that up you better not draw me in the next round!

Out of intrest who did back the 60 over format? because I don't recall a vote for it, mine Iam aware I haven't been as active as I would have liked this season... I know Blewy like me always said we wantted a short version of the game to make it different from the league, at the end of the day as long as iam winning iam not too concerened :p :cool:
theres a thread, the people who want 60 overs out numbered us quite convincingly, blewy i believe was one for the 60 over game....

Rich2001

International Captain
Looks like I better leave, been around far to many for far to long it seems ;)

**Loves you all really :D **