• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Late Submissions

Cloete

International Captain
I notcied that there were quite a few late submissions after 12 midnight. Are these teams are goign through or what? Not sure if it's fair on the teams they're playing!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i guess taht should be discussed by the board but midnight thursday night i think is the cut off so maybe a proposal should be put to the board, i know blewy is working alot of the enxt few days but i will try and speak to him asap, and the other board members

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It has to be a one-in-all-in as far as I'm concerned. Whether it be a board member or any other member of WCC the same rule has to apply to all. Perhaps if Blewy is so busy the deadline should be extended to Friday midday or sometime on the weekend, as the results are now usually coming out on Sunday or Monday.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
No I disagree with that. Thursday is fine and very easy to get in...everyone should be able to find some time...

I personally think that all submissions after midnight should be punished...

Graham

3rd Umpire
Give an inch, take a mile.
The rule has to be consistently applied.
I've been a WCC manager since its inception and NEVER missed a deadline no matter what my circumstances have been.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There have been instances in recent times where i have been lenient on teams who have been an hour or 2 late...

I was one who was late this week due to only having about 5 minutes access to CW all week...

But im not fussed either way...

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah I'm happy to let it slide. But then you have to let everyone's slide. But the thread locking is inconsistent (Which is understandable, consdering it's 12 o'clock at night!). So say you post 4 hours late, then manager X tries to do the same and the thread is locked... that's the only problem I see.

nibbs

International Captain
the only i don't really understand is that some people visit the forum all week. it takes the best part of a minute to post your side, yet some don't get around to doing it.

Slats4ever

just post by 12pm u lazy piglets. it can't be that hard. my life evolves around WCC and it only works well if people don't get sluggish. Midnight or Forfeit

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I was one of the late ones as I just plain forgot. First time for everything I suppose. If the decision is a forfeit then that's fine. If others have had that penalty dealt out during the season then that's what it should be.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if im going to be consistent then it won't count as a forfeit, in recent weeks threads have been closed late and teams posted after midnight have been accepted..

Mr. P

How about the deadline is 12 midnight however since Blewy isn't always around exactly 12 midnight we say if you get it in after 12 mid you are ok as long as the threads are open, however you are running a risk so try to get it in before then...

Also Blewy shouldn't be the only one able to close threads, if Simon, Argo or Slats are around and Blewy isn't they should be the ones closing asap after midnight...

ash chaulk

International Captain
i missed the date i usually post a week b4 the game but i dunno what happened.

And i believe people like me should get punished for non submissions b4 the due date

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Also Blewy shouldn't be the only one able to close threads, if Simon, Argo or Slats are around and Blewy isn't they should be the ones closing asap after midnight...
If I was 100% sure what time that deadline is in the UK, I'd do it.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Blewy mate - I have to disagree with your leniency towards those missing the deadline. It gives people an excuse for evermore to say 'but you didn't penalise .... when they missed the deadline' if you ever decide to get strict again.
Still it's your call as you're the boss.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
why dont we change it to 9am deadline friday sydney time that way most of us aussie managers will be up or the uk mangers it is an ok time for us to close the threads.....just a thought