• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 3 - 1 day - Round 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worcestershire versus Surrey
Tamil Nadu versus Canterbury
Warwickshire versus Leicestershire

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire
O Hemp
N Astle
D Howarth
T Rowell
Z McDonald
M Clarke
S Ramesh
A Dale
P Hitchcock
B Gregson
D Kaneria

Keeper: Z McDonald
Captain: D Howarth

If we win, we are division 3 champions for season 4. But then again, if lose and TN win, we come second. But TN must win, if they are defeated we take the title regardless if we win or lose, and it wont be easy for them against Canterbury. I wish Canterbury the best of luck in that game.

Nathan Astle farewells one day cricket after this game. It has been a pleasure having him here at Warwickshire for the past season. He been an inspiration to younger players at the club and I wish him all the best. Although there are some players who you can be sure will return in the Warwickshire one day strip next season, there are some who might and will not. So there is a lot to play for in this big game. Ultimately we need to win some silverware, this being a good starting point. If we go 4 seasons without a trophy the board might start asking questions, although I'm sure I wont be sacked any time soon...

deckard

U19 Captain
Canterbury
M Sinclair
W Jaffer
S Chanderpaul
C Gayle
H Raza
N Knight
O Clarke
C Liptrot
K Mills
D Fernando
A Khan

Keeper: M Sinclair
Captain: N Knight

Well its the final game of the OD season and im going to finish 3rd. So for the final round ive replaced White and Flint with Khan and Knight. This will be Nick Knights final match of his career and will be named captain for this match.

cometer

State Regular
Leicestershire

A Anderton
R Yashpal
R Piggott
Y Ogden
R Ponting
D Samaraweera
S Deitz
A Nehra
P DeFreitas
A Mishra
S Cunis

Keeper: S Deitz
Captain: R Ponting

Seems like a long time since i stepped into the managing role. What started out with Bradman XI (good to see they won the 4d comp) now is about to finish this season with Leicestershire. Although things look rather dismal knowing that unless miracles happen Leicestershire will be in div 4 for both comps but on the bright side of things a new season and a complete season for me to work with the players to improve their game. Fantastic win over TN last week in OD and am hoping to go out with another win and end the season on a high note.

Cloete

International Captain
Tamil Nadu
Z Birch
S Ganguly
Y Singh
R Webster
M Chapman
M Van Jaarsveld
A Swann
M Parlane
D Wright
S Mann
N Kumble

Keeper: M Parlane
Captain: S Ganguly

This is it nibs..... if it wasn't to be warickshire, i wanted to verse canterbury, the third strongest team in the division. coem on TN! prove it to us all and let's send the warickshire boys pakcing once and for all and do it against one of the best teams!!! LET'S GO TN!!!!

This game will farewell Simon Mann. A great bloke who can once and for all show his class in the toughest game of the season, maybe even outplay kumble. Farewell to him, it's been great having him at TN.

But to the rest of the team, Kumble and Birch have to step up and stamp their class on what could be an extremely difficult game. It's the clinch match of the season, with spots for next season up for grabs. COME ON TN! LET'S GO OUT THEIR AND WIN!

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Worcestershire

B Smith
B Akhil
D Pipe
R Irani
A Habib
R Nichol
R Kaluwitharana
N Boje