• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Star Series Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Four Day

Ocenaia vs Rest of the World @ Cricketweb Oval 7-4-8

One Day

Rest of the World vs United Kingdom @ Cricketweb Oval 3-1-5

Post teams ASAP

David

International 12th Man
Controversial moment for the UK to reach the final.

Here's the side.

B. Allen (c)
D. Anderson
Z. Thomas
J. Madanagopal
D. West
D. Samaraweera (wk)
S. Ganguly
P. Jones
S. MacGill
A. Wharf
S. Muller

Samaraweera brought on for the final and only his second game for the all stars after V. Mane failed thrice. B. Allen will be the one to watch in the batting, if he fires, we will win, if he doesn't fire, chances are we'll, well, lose.
Muller leading the bowling attack, can do some real damage, it could go either way.
Tudor and Hamilton both played abysmally and were dropped.

Attachments

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Press Release from the House of Cloete and Slats

The side jointly chosen by new board member and Tamil Nadu manager Cloete and Western Province Manager Slats4ever for the FINAL of the All star series is as follows:

1. Rabbi Llewellyn (Western Province)
2. Avalanda Kale (Captain) (Karnataka)
3. Tiramisu Darden (Mumbai)
4. Virenda Shewag (Colts)
5. Shaun Graham (Mumbai)
6. Tilieyanagesha Arasu (wicketkeeper) (vice captain) (Tamil Nadu)
7. Mavis Beasley (Colts)
8. Trevor Petal (Mashonaland)
9.Falesh Maqbool (Karachi)
10. Montezuma Shrinivas (Tamil Nadu)
11. Ishmael Nelson (Western Province)

This side we feel is the strongest possible 11 out've the squad. The other 5 players are all wonderful talents and it's a credit to this 11 to have been selected. We're not satisfied simply having made the final, we want to take home the trophy and prove to the cricket world that crickets finest lay in our region. There is a fairly even representation with both Africa and the Asian regions providing us with players. The side will now go into a 2 day training camp under the strict guidance of Cloete and Slats where they will undergo net sessions, fitness workouts and yoga. The side are confident of willing the title.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Press Release from the House of Cloete and Slats

Slats4ever said:
The side jointly chosen by new board member and Tamil Nadu manager Cloete and Western Province Manager Slats4ever for the FINAL of the All star series is as follows:

1. Rabbi Llewellyn (Western Province)
2. Avalanda Kale (Captain) (Karnataka)
3. Tiramisu Darden (Mumbai)
4. Virenda Shewag (Colts)
5. Shaun Graham (Mumbai)
6. Tilieyanagesha Arasu (wicketkeeper) (vice captain) (Tamil Nadu)
7. Mavis Beasley (Colts)
8. Trevor Petal (Mashonaland)
9. Montezuma Shrinivas (Tamil Nadu)
10. Ishmael Nelson (Western Province)
11. Falesh Maqbool (Karachi)

This side we feel is the strongest possible 11 out've the squad. The other 5 players are all wonderful talents and it's a credit to this 11 to have been selected. We're not satisfied simply having made the final, we want to take home the trophy and prove to the cricket world that crickets finest lay in our region. There is a fairly even representation with both Africa and the Asian regions providing us with players. The side will now go into a 2 day training camp under the strict guidance of Cloete and Slats where they will undergo net sessions, fitness workouts and yoga. The side are confident of willing the title.
yep best of luck to the boys. let's bring home both one-day and four-day.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Oceiania 4d side is currently at the pub and is expected to be there for some time. The 11 players which dont have hangovers as bad as the rest will be picked for the final.
After a long season for all players involved it will be good for the boys to finally have a break. Managers Goff and Fitzsimmons have laughed off suggestions that Oceiania are taking the match easily after 4 good wins, saying "We are expected to win the match and we hope it turns out that way." "we dont expect the boys will get anything out of another net session, hopefully a light preperation is the winning formula"
the side to be announced when the boys get back from the pub.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
The Oceiania 4d side is currently at the pub and is expected to be there for some time. The 11 players which dont have hangovers as bad as the rest will be picked for the final.
After a long season for all players involved it will be good for the boys to finally have a break. Managers Goff and Fitzsimmons have laughed off suggestions that Oceiania are taking the match easily after 4 good wins, saying "We are expected to win the match and we hope it turns out that way." "we dont expect the boys will get anything out of another net session, hopefully a light preperation is the winning formula"
the side to be announced when the boys get back from the pub.
The ROW the camp still see this as an act which shows that the Oceania think they're superior. Just because they have beaten us twice, doesn't mean that they're going to win this one. our side is hitting form and quite frankly we're happy to see them at the pub getting ****ed. we'll be the ones drinking away happily after the match

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
We the Oceania Four Day Selection Hic Panel are proud to announce the side for the Hic All Star Four Day Hic Final to take on the Sissys Hic from the Rest of Hic the World...
Just hold on 1 sec...
Hey simon can you grab Hic me and Boof another Beer, oh hold on Dizzy Hic wants one to...

Sorry bout that...

Anyway we feel no matter what side we play Hic against the ROW team we will win... Hic We have revenge to take on behalf Hic of our One Day side and we will Hic do it...

The Side is as follows...
Hic

1 E Howarth
2 M Jenkins
3 S Maxwell
4 D Lehmann (captain)
5 B Lara
6 D Martyn
7 S Manjrekar (wicketkeeper)
8 R Webster
9 O Clarke
10 S Mann
11 J Gillespie

Anyway my beers here so we will see ya all there ey....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
the oceania one day managers hic didnt play 2 players on purpose so we could also join the 4day boys in a beer hic so its my hic shout boys hic

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the ROW side for the OD final will be....

Sharath
Muzumdar
Rickman
Francis
Parlane
Burns (wk)
Jones
Troughton
Ali
Cush
Hitchcock

This side should suit the conditions well. and as long as the batsmen fire we should do well. all the best boys :)

Simon

thanks for finally submitted your team!
the games would have been simmed today if you guys submitted earlier!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
thanks for finally submitted your team!
the games would have been simmed today if you guys submitted earlier!

:o:o:o

dont blame me, its the board of studies fault, its not my fault they made me go to a physics exam instead of posting me team earlier

Simon

age_master said:
:o:o:o

dont blame me, its the board of studies fault, its not my fault they made me go to a physics exam instead of posting me team earlier
lol ok
ill ring em and find out why the think they have the right to interfer with WCC. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.