• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 4: Round 10 Four Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The Colts side for the HUGE match against WP which will decide the title (and Canterbury can still win 2 depending on the result) will be

V Shewag
M Beasley
S Katich
W Anserson
Y Singh
S Sharath
L Klusener
M Boucher (wk)
G Shaw
M Hoggard
Z Faisca

Managre comment "This is a huge match for both teams, and we atre gonna need hige performances from all the boys. WP are a great side with alot of great players and good depth. it should be a really good match."

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
No changes to last weeks team except the batting order.

1. P. Bowler(wk)
2. S Kalavitigoda
3. Z Thomas
4. M Butcher
5. J Adams (c)
6. T Powell
7. M Bulbeck
8. A Morris
9. R Johnson
10. A Caddick
11. P Wilson

Many players leaving after this match. Those in bold have already moved. Those in italics are up for trade. Those in bold and italics are retiring. Encore for the retiring Jimmy Adams.

Mr. Mxy goin' down.:D

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Province Side to prove Worth

Western Province side to play off for Division 4 title and Glory

1. M Richardson
2. R Llewellyn
3. VVS Laxman (captain)
4. F Rickman
5. N Astle
6. R Irani
7. A Prince (keeper)
8. G Yates
9. I Nelson
10. B Lee
11. R Telemachus

Slats4ever
"This game is what it's all about, our four day run has been amazing, we haven't lost for about 5 games now and our form has been great, we started our amazing run against Colts, and we're looking to that game for inspiration. we know we're good enough to win this one and take the title. forgetting last weekends to Hampshire to have to play a playoff game will be tough, but this side is mentally strong and I believe we can win this game"

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
M.Horne
S.DeJong
T.McIntosh
E.Howarth
C.Harris (capt)
A.Symonds
R.Lynch (wk)
D.Brown
J.Hewitt
S.Thomas
C.Stuart

Seeing as Howarth, Lynch andf Brown won't be returning next season, I have no need to protect their averages by resting them at this point in the season. As such, I'm giving them every opportunity to play as poorly as possible (especially Howarth:)).

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Seeing as Howarth, Lynch andf Brown won't be returning next season, I have no need to protect their averages by resting them at this point in the season. As such, I'm giving them every opportunity to play as poorly as possible (especially Howarth:)).
LOL so why at 4 where his bound to score runs, I think number 7/8 is a nicer spot myself :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich2001 said:
Nah iam sure you can sweet talk your bowlers to run him out for a duck :lol:
That would work, but unfortunately my bowlers have about as much respect for me as I have for them (which, as you can probably guess is very little after their performance this season :))

deckard

U19 Captain
Canterbury

Here's the side for the HUGE match against Victoria. Kirby is back from injury so i can drop Agarkar.

W Jaffer
M Sinclair (wk)
K Mills
S Chanderpaul (C)
H Raza
N Round
F White
O Clarke
J Schofield
A Khan
S Kirby

Coach_Pearson