• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Games 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Saturday 24 Sept

GROUP A

Zimbabwe vs Australia @ Karachi
Sri Lanka vs Pakistan @ Galle

GROUP B

Bangladesh vs India @ Chittagong
England vs New Zealand @ Tamil Nadu

Teams in by Midnight Friday 23rd September

Cheers

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh XI

M Dowla
S Nafees
P Winstanley
A Hossain
F Reza
V Hurley
A Wasoroni
M Islam
N Sharma
A Kabir
A Sunny

ODI Bowling order:

1.A Kabir
2.N Sharma
3. A Wasoroni
4. A Sunny
5 M Islam
6. P Winstanley

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe XI v Australia @ Karachi

M Goodwin
A Petal
C Ervine
+Q Carver
J Aston
E Durrant
S Ervine
K Dabengwa
I Chinyoka
C Shreck
C Mpofu

If Sri Lanka can bowl them out, so can we. Let's go, lads!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok my question is to the board, we have a squad member who played in our first wc game out injured, can we pick from our reserves or do we need to pick form the remaining 19 players........

if from the remaining 19 players when can we use our reserves...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
ok my question is to the board, we have a squad member who played in our first wc game out injured, can we pick from our reserves or do we need to pick form the remaining 19 players........

if from the remaining 19 players when can we use our reserves...
as far as im aware you can replace a long term injured player, i guess its up to you to decide, if you were to swap Bandara now he would then be unable to return to the squad at all during the international season...

nibbs

International Captain
New Zealand

G Gow
O O'Neill
+M Sinclair
A Holland
Z Roberts
O Cardrew
C Martin
P Hitchcock
W Tully
S Bond
R Ezard

New Zealand unchanged for the showdown against England

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon is right... you can replace Bandara for another player, but once he is replaced you cannot use him again...

The idea of the extras was if a player was injured for 9 games or something like that...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Simon is right... you can replace Bandara for another player, but once he is replaced you cannot use him again...

The idea of the extras was if a player was injured for 9 games or something like that...

ok sweet gotch ya

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUSTRALIA

1. M Dawn
2. O Beasley
3. J Smith (captain)
4. F Platt
5. M Jenkins
6. D Dawson (wicketkeeper)
7. R Stratton
8. J Moss
9. U Sammels
10. M Ramage
11. S Harwood

Aussie Aussie Aussie
Oi Oi Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka

1. S Kotak
2. I Guneratne
3. K Sangakarra (keeper)
4. E De Silva
5. W Anderson (vice captain)
6. R Parida (captain)
7. R Arnold
8. T Samarawerra (in for injured M Bandera)
9. B Hussain
10.T Priyadarshana
11. L Perera

after the close defeat to the champions, and m bandera out injured sri lanakan managers tharmi and bugs have opted for a spinning all rounder to add depth to the batting and with the bowling they wont loose much.............

depth in batting is where we need to strengthen our side as we lacked composure chasing a small total yesterday so.......

sri lanakan managers happy with the teams progress and an arvo session in the nets will set the boys in good steads for tomorrows game...

Last edited:

cometer

State Regular
England

B Allen (c)
P Boxall
I Underwood
R Piggott
T Thomas
V Mane (wk)
D Gough
A Tudor
G Rigby
K Ali
P Jones

Same side as the one that defeated India in the thriller. Hoping to knock over New Zealand and really set up a spot in the super 6. Only minor adjustment was putting Underwood back to number 3 and promoting Boxall to 2. Other than that a win here will be very handy.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
India

D Jadhav
V Chandrasekhar
T Darden
M Dhoni (WK)
Raja Ali
M Manhus
V Wadekar
A Wettasinghe
N Khan
S Gill
A Salvi

India will go into their second group match against Bangladesh with an unchanged line-up after the narrow loss to England in the first group match.

Status
Not open for further replies.