• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 a smash

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Great stuff.
On a side note, the talk here is that when cricket gets the go-ahead for the Olympics, it will probably be this format, so the more interest generated for 20/20, the better. It will then become an Olympic sport much sooner than expected.

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great stuff.
On a side note, the talk here is that when cricket gets the go-ahead for the Olympics, it will probably be this format, so the more interest generated for 20/20, the better. It will then become an Olympic sport much sooner than expected.
Is cricket on its way to becoming an olympic sport?

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
^ I hope not. Anyway I loved it, never like 20/20 before though I don't like the one or two games played before ODI series when teams are on tour, seems a bit pointless. But I must say it was very well organised, best sporting even in a while!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree in the respect that Twenty20 shouldn't be primarily used to just to have an odd game or two here and there, I'd say the same with ODIs as well. ODIs and Twenty20 games aren't Test cricket - I don't think limited overs cricket should be played in long-winded series between two sides. I see ODIs and Twenty20 as something that should be played in a tournament/cup type situation with as many teams as possible playing.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I agree in the respect that Twenty20 shouldn't be primarily used to just to have an odd game or two here and there, I'd say the same with ODIs as well. ODIs and Twenty20 games aren't Test cricket - I don't think limited overs cricket should be played in long-winded series between two sides. I see ODIs and Twenty20 as something that should be played in a tournament/cup type situation with as many teams as possible playing.
AWTA.