Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: Victory Parade for India

  1. #31
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    but u used "Real cricket Fans"

    i think i am one of them

    and i know where 20/20 stands..but its still the second biggest competition in cricket..in terms of teams participating...and even if we win ODI WC i think this will the most u can expect....
    By 'real' I meant fans who appreciate Test cricket, and not the idiots that seem to think Dhoni is God, etc. I think you are a 'real' cricket fan, for sure.

    Winning the Test series in England was more of an acheivement than the Twenty20 World Cup, IMO, and I hope you share that. It's pretty obvious the majority of these fanatics in India don't realise that thought, as they don't seem to appreciate Tests.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  2. #32
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
    This is going over board . people forget that this was a 20/20 championship .
    Who gives a ****!!!!! FFS...its cricket and thats all that matters. People forget that we are fans and are not getting anything for winning a game. All we get is happiness...so whether it is the 2020 or a bleeding test series, who gives a crap! England celebrated so much when they won a series against the aussies...they never won a WC...but they celebrated cos they were happy! I take all cricket seriously cos for me, i want my team to win so i can be pleased..an if my team loses, i WILL be sad...dont give a toss whether its a 2020 or a test match!!!

  3. #33
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    By 'real' I meant fans who appreciate Test cricket, and not the idiots that seem to think Dhoni is God, etc. I think you are a 'real' cricket fan, for sure.

    Winning the Test series in England was more of an acheivement than the Twenty20 World Cup, IMO, and I hope you share that. It's pretty obvious the majority of these fanatics in India don't realise that thought, as they don't seem to appreciate Tests.
    im sorry mate.....but real fans are those that support their team whatever format they are playing! I think u are forgetting the definition of FAN! Its ok to appreciate test cricket but a REAL FAN as u put it should be able to appreciate 2020 and ODIs as they are all forms of WORLD CRICKET. And what is of more importance is all a matter of opinion: IMHO, a WC is more important than a minor series. Yes, i do believe that winning tests are more of an acheievement than winning 2020s....so if we had won a 2020 series...i would be happy, as i am a true fan...but i would not go really overboard. But india ahve just won a WC which is more important that winning a test series.

  4. #34
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    im sorry mate.....but real fans are those that support their team whatever format they are playing! I think u are forgetting the definition of FAN! Its ok to appreciate test cricket but a REAL FAN as u put it should be able to appreciate 2020 and ODIs as they are all forms of WORLD CRICKET. And what is of more importance is all a matter of opinion: IMHO, a WC is more important than a minor series. Yes, i do believe that winning tests are more of an acheievement than winning 2020s....so if we had won a 2020 series...i would be happy, as i am a true fan...but i would not go really overboard. But india ahve just won a WC which is more important that winning a test series.
    Cricket fans and Indian fans are very different things my friend. Winning a Test series in England>winning the Twenty20 World Champs, for a cricket fan anyway.


  5. #35
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Cricket fans and Indian fans are very different things my friend. Winning a Test series in England>winning the Twenty20 World Champs, for a cricket fan anyway.
    im a cricket fan too mate.....and IMO winning the WC would be better than winning a test series. Im talking about this with a general view. i just dont like the ay ppl are degrading certain formats just cos they dont like them and the way they catergorise fans.The truth is mate, who am i or u or anyone else to tell someone if they are a real cricket fan or not?Anyway... Are u sayin that winning a test series against bangladesh was more important than the WC?? World Cups are the most important events in world cricket. AND, like it or not, 2020 will be the future of cricket. So degrading the WC just because its 2020 is plain wrong.

  6. #36
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    im a cricket fan too mate.....and IMO winning the WC would be better than winning a test series. Im talking about this with a general view. i just dont like the ay ppl are degrading certain formats just cos they dont like them and the way they catergorise fans.The truth is mate, who am i or u or anyone else to tell someone if they are a real cricket fan or not?Anyway... Are u sayin that winning a test series against bangladesh was more important than the WC?? World Cups are the most important events in world cricket. AND, like it or not, 2020 will be the future of cricket. So degrading the WC just because its 2020 is plain wrong.
    Twenty20 isn't the future of cricket. Also, winning a Test series against a Test class opposition is more important than winning the Twenty20 World Champs, particularly touring England, which is considering one of the ultimate challenges.

  7. #37
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Twenty20 isn't the future of cricket. Also, winning a Test series against a Test class opposition is more important than winning the Twenty20 World Champs, particularly touring England, which is considering one of the ultimate challenges.
    whether 2020 is the future of cricket is debatable so im not gonna get into that TBH. And whether or not winning the 2020 was more important than the england win also seems debatable. im just gonna say this.....a WC is more important than a test series. I enjoyed both victories as i am a fan. I would have been equally disappointed if we had lost in the WC. Now that we have won both...i couldnt care less which was more importance. I dont give a crap....we won....and as a fan i will celebrate both victories. I am not a board member of the bCCI nor am i gonna get any cash for us winning a certain tournamnet more than another tournament. Infact, i lost money wen i went to watch matches at the stadiums. i care only for the team to win....and i think some ppl need to realise that they too are only fans....enjoy and celebrate ur cricket...dont get into a fuss abt which is more important...who cares!!!! Thats a fan...a real cricket fan!!

  8. #38
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,269
    ICC today siad officially that the T20WC is not the cricket world cup !! That is the odi world cup played once every four years.

  9. #39
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    ICC today siad officially that the T20WC is not the cricket world cup !! That is the odi world cup played once every four years.
    Really?? But it is the WC of T20..if u get me? im just saying that for me....its a tourament and im happy that we won it...im not just gonna ignore it am i? C'mon...ur an indian fan...ur happy that india won it as well....perhaps we agree that winning the test series was harder...but it doesnt mean that we are not going to value the T20 win!

  10. #40
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    Really?? But it is the WC of T20..if u get me? im just saying that for me....its a tourament and im happy that we won it...im not just gonna ignore it am i? C'mon...ur an indian fan...ur happy that india won it as well....perhaps we agree that winning the test series was harder...but it doesnt mean that we are not going to value the T20 win!
    Come on I just communicated a news item, nothing more nothing less and I did it without comment. Why do you insist on reading anything more ?

  11. #41
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Come on I just communicated a news item, nothing more nothing less and I did it without comment. Why do you insist on reading anything more ?
    nah....sorry...this wasnt aimed at u...the first word was the only real thing that was actually aimed at u....the rest was me using ur presence to prove a point....im not saying anything for u...if u get me!!! Sorry bro!

  12. #42
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,269
    ICC Its not the World Cup...
    Is the World Cup triumph a World Cup Championship? According to ICC's james Fitzgerald. there can be only one World Cup and that's the 50 overs trophy.


    DNA, Mumbai
    27th Sept 2007

  13. #43
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    nah....sorry...this wasnt aimed at u...the first word was the only real thing that was actually aimed at u....the rest was me using ur presence to prove a point....im not saying anything for u...if u get me!!! Sorry bro!
    Sorry I misunderstood

  14. #44
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    Who gives a ****!!!!! FFS...its cricket and thats all that matters. People forget that we are fans and are not getting anything for winning a game. All we get is happiness...so whether it is the 2020 or a bleeding test series, who gives a crap! England celebrated so much when they won a series against the aussies...they never won a WC...but they celebrated cos they were happy! I take all cricket seriously cos for me, i want my team to win so i can be pleased..an if my team loses, i WILL be sad...dont give a toss whether its a 2020 or a test match!!!
    Cool down .I am an Indian and i am very happy over this victory .

    Still the celebrations are ''over the top'' IMO.

  15. #45
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
    Cool down .I am an Indian and i am very happy over this victory .

    Still the celebrations are ''over the top'' IMO.
    You're a girl, you're Indian, and you're in the same continent as me...

    Interesting... .













    JUST JOKING, I REPEAT, JUST JOKING...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. interesting article.
    By sledger in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 13-02-2006, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •