• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Effigies burnt of Pakistani players

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
i agree with you.
There so many idiots like this on both sides of the borders... its pretty sad.
I know same thing would've happend in India if they had lost as well.
I dont agree with you. Indians wont do such things ( dont know when the situation is against Pakistan) , you should think about the early exit of the Indians from the World cup...but nothing happened....no riots anything......Indians take things with the sportsman spirit...........this time I might have happened as I mentioned earlier that agaist Pakistan its unpredictable......one more reason for that is the History that India has never lost to Paks in a world cup........:cool:

bond21

Banned
India and Pakistan shouldnt be enemies.

they should be like Australia and NZ and be good friends lol.

take that statement as you will.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it happened minutes after the game as they say, wouldn't that mean that the fans had the effigies ready to go(/burn)? That's positive thinking.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan has a history of irrational, violent reaction to the failings of their team*

*This post is tongue in cheek and is about as accurate as the "Australia has a racial abuse problem" comments which we regularly hear, and was posted only to illustrate that very point.

Perm

Pakistan has a history of irrational, violent reaction to the failings of their team*

*This post is tongue in cheek and is about as accurate as the "Australia has a racial abuse problem" comments which we regularly hear, and was posted only to illustrate that very point.
Except that the Pakisani comment is absolutely correct.

Perm

If it happened minutes after the game as they say, wouldn't that mean that the fans had the effigies ready to go(/burn)? That's positive thinking.
Yahuh. It's madness really, absolute madness.

R_D

International Debutant
I dont agree with you. Indians wont do such things ( dont know when the situation is against Pakistan) , you should think about the early exit of the Indians from the World cup...but nothing happened....no riots anything......Indians take things with the sportsman spirit...........this time I might have happened as I mentioned earlier that agaist Pakistan its unpredictable......one more reason for that is the History that India has never lost to Paks in a world cup........:cool:
What.. didn't you hear about Dhoni's house getting attacked ?
Indian fans would've been just as extreme as Pakistani fans, had India lost the match.
Remember 2003 world cup ? What happend after the loss to Aus, several players house got attacked. Both India and Pakistan supporters have problem and they need to get over it and realise its just a game, take it for what it is. There's unwanted pressure put on players due to supporters like this.
Media make it worse because they show all this crap on tv, which only encourages idiots to due it again to get on tv.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
where were u when the effigies of so many players and chappell were burnt after the WC?

Face it, man, it happens in India just as much as it happens in Pakistan, at least nowadays.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Did you just land up from Mars or what ? :laugh: :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Actually, both are correct. Pakistan does have a history of irrational, violent reaction to the failings of the team, as does India to the same degree. And Australia does have a racial abuse problem.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
maybe it doesn't happen in kerala(at least i hope it doesn't), but you can't deny that it happens especially in the north...

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's not all bad.....

Warm welcome for Pakistan cricketers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pakistan cricket team which lost the final of World Twenty20 Cricket Cup to arch-rivals India on Monday were pleasantly surprised when they were warmly greeted by a big throng of fans at the Quaid-i-Azam international airport on Tuesday noon on their return home from South Africa.

When the 11 member of the World Cup squad emerged from the arrival lounge into public concourse, they were expecting a negative reception but to their surprise they found out that the fans were in greeting mood. Fans loudly raised slogans in the team's favour and clapped profusely for each member of the team as he came out.Once the cricketers were convinced that the fans were in positive and greeting mood, they also responded positively and willingly signed autographs and posed for photographs with the fans.

Usually when any Pakistan cricket team return home after losing a tour or a title event, the angry fans treat the players rather harshly but this time around, the fans showed magnanimity and received the team warmly. Though fans were disappointed that Pakistan lost victory to India but they were happy that Pakistan put up a great fight and gave no hint of surrendering or giving up. It was the courage of the Pakistani cricketers in the final that impressed the fans.

The best comment from the players' side came from former Pakistan captain Younis Khan when he spoke to the media on his arrival with the team. He said no doubt the players were disappointed from the result in the final but they were satisfied that they put up a spirited fight.

Younis said he had been away from the team for a long time but when he joined the team in South Africa he was greatly impressed with the positive attitude and spirit of the team which was totally in contrast to what he had seen in the World Cup in the West Indies.All the players had positive attitude and made efforts to contribute in teams performance.

Former Test player Haroon Rashid, assistant manager in his brief comment, said reaching the final itself was an achievement for Pakistan team. In a competition like Twenty20 where fortunes change with every ball, it was real tough job to reach the title fight. He recalled Pakistan's early exit from the fifty overs a side world cup and said if one compared that performance with South African tour one felt happy that Pakistan reached the final.

Commenting on the final, he said it was a touch and go situation for Pakistan which had restricted India to a low score. Pakistan almost reached the winning total but some times luck also play crucial role. He was all praise for the team for its fighting spirit.

He said except for skipper Shoaib Malik and Imran Nazir and three official's manager Talat Ali, coach Geoff Lawson and physical trainer all members of the team have returned and left for their respective home catching connecting flights. Shoaib Malik along with other members of the team, he said would arrive in Karachi some time late in the night on Tuesday.