Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shoaib Malik's comment after the game!!!

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Kriketer's Avatar
    Come'on guys! He probably meants Pakistanis instead of Muslims. It slipped from him b/c of the lose or probabaly b/c of his own performance....its so obvious...tho he made a very foolish mistake, but then again mistake is a mistake.

Malik is a very nice, cool and calm guy, and he would never mean such a thing.

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Could have been worse, he's not a politician, he's a cricket player.

Not like he was speaking at OPEC in Austria or anything.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

I'd like to think given his non-fluency in English and trying to talk quickly he meant Pakistanis all over the world and not Muslims... but non-fluency in English does not have anything to do with jumbling the words Pakistanis & Muslims... even if he didn't mean what people think it means,it sure made my neighbours here uneasy...
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    Come'on guys! He probably meants Pakistanis instead of Muslims. It slipped from him b/c of the lose or probabaly b/c of his own performance....its so obvious...tho he made a very foolish mistake, but then again mistake is a mistake.

Malik is a very nice, cool and calm guy, and he would never mean such a thing.
    I think we should put it behind us. Its done and dusted. There is no other corroborative 'evidence' so lets just forget it.

Pakistan played a greatgame in great spirit and in a close game that anyone could have won, they just happened to lose it.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to go to watch these football tournaments like The Durand Cup in Delhi. The atmosphere was electric and the support for one's side was fanatical. It may be hard to believe todaybut in the early sixties the supporters of Mohun Bagan, Mohammaden Sporting, East Bengal, Hyderabad Police (later Andhra Police), Salgaonkar Goa etc went crazy shouting each other out. Imitially I used to be scared that those sitting close to me would become violent.

In all this there was one very fan, who had been coming for decades. Everyone knew him and he was a permanent fixtureand an icon. The cops and authorities allowed this man free access all across the ground. Maybe they didnt even charge him for his ticket.

Why I remember him today is that in a really close match between two top sides, he would suddenly stand up nd in his booming voice shout for all the thousands to hear him "Dono achhe , dono achhe" meaning botth are great both are great. It always brougfht smiles to everyone's face and the tensions eased perceptibly.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar

Haha...and also on this occasion,Shoaib Malik atleast knew where the exit from the stage was!

I thought it was strange because I remember some discussion on here saying he was distinct from Inzi in that he never bought these things into the interviews. Perhaps someone has gotten into his ear or something, not a big deal anyways.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I think we should put it behind us. Its done and dusted. There is no other corroborative 'evidence' so lets just forget it.

Pakistan played a greatgame in great spirit and in a close game that anyone could have won, they just happened to lose it.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to go to watch these football tournaments like The Durand Cup in Delhi. The atmosphere was electric and the support for one's side was fanatical. It may be hard to believe todaybut in the early sixties the supporters of Mohun Bagan, Mohammaden Sporting, East Bengal, Hyderabad Police (later Andhra Police), Salgaonkar Goa etc went crazy shouting each other out. Imitially I used to be scared that those sitting close to me would become violent.

In all this there was one very fan, who had been coming for decades. Everyone knew him and he was a permanent fixtureand an icon. The cops and authorities allowed this man free access all across the ground. Maybe they didnt even charge him for his ticket.

Why I remember him today is that in a really close match between two top sides, he would suddenly stand up nd in his booming voice shout for all the thousands to hear him "Dono achhe , dono achhe" meaning botth are great both are great. It always brougfht smiles to everyone's face and the tensions eased perceptibly.

Exactly, it was a fantastic game. Lets remember that, not the inteviews after it.
    Time: "Despite its gentlemanly manner, the sport generates tremendous passion in Britain and its former colonies."

School Boy/Girl Captain
    In case you haven't noticed Malik isn't very comfortable speaking in English.I clearly remember Malik running off after being interview by Ian Bishop without properly saying thanks, now you can either say that the guy lacks manners or that he was far too anxious at such moments.
    Malik should have congratulated the Indian team, but he probably forgot to do that in his anxiety just like Imran forgot to mention his team mates on winning the '92 WC.Afridi probably realised his captain's fault and did the right thing during the interview.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    It was very odd to say the least.

I must say Afridi was really good in acknowledging the loss to India. I have much more respect for him as a person.

Just coz he's fluent in English, doesn't sufer from high anxiety during interview and had happened to have wish Indians??
    I was happy to hear what Afridi has to say, but fact remains that both Afridi and Akhtar are bad boys of Pak cricket, while Malik has always been a sporting charecter.

Quote Originally Posted by PakPowered View Post
    Just coz he's fluent in English, doesn't sufer from high anxiety during interview and had happened to have wish Indians??
    I was happy to hear what Afridi has to say, but fact remains that both Afridi and Akhtar are bad boys of Pak cricket, while Malik has always been a sporting charecter.
    So sporting that he threw a match?!?!
    ~ Cribbage

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    So sporting that he threw a match?!?!
    I knew someone will bring that up.Malik made one mistake in his life and that wasn't coz of money.In a domestic match Malik threw a match to prevent another team reaching final because an umpire was helping a team win the final.Malik was banned later and he appoligized.

Still better than tampering pitches in broad daylight, fighting with the team captain and haveing links to bookies.

I knew someone will bring that up.Malik made one mistake in his life and that wasn't coz of money.In a domestic match Malik threw a match to prevent another team reaching final because an umpire was helping a team win the final.Malik was banned later and he appoligized.

Still better than tampering pitches in broad daylight, fighting with the team captain and haveing links to bookies.
    I never compared him to Afridi and Akhtar. In fact, neither did SJS; that was all your doing. He still hasn't always been a sporting charecter (or character, for that matter) though.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I never compared him to Afridi and Akhtar. In fact, neither did SJS; that was all your doing. He still hasn't always been a sporting charecter (or character, for that matter) though.
    When one say that one has more respect for Afridi than Malik, then there is a clear comparison. Got it??

When one say that one has more respect for Afridi than Malik, then there is a clear comparison. Got it??
    Show me where either SJS or myself said that, please.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information