• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowling performance of the tournament

Which was the Best ??

• M Morkel (4-0-17-4-4.25) v New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Syed Rasel's was the best actual bowling performance, but if you were to choose what one was more influential or important, I think RP Singh's, Stuart Clark's or Sreesanth's would be hard to go past.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Vettori's spell against INdia was top class spin bowling. Can't believe more people didn't vote for it, esp since it is well known how good Indians are against spin bowling.

pup11

International Coach
I have voted for Sreesanth, he took wickets of two of the most dangerous batsmen on show in this tournament and that too without giving away too many runs and that pretty much won the game for India.
Interestingly enough i read Ponting's article in today's newspaper and he felt that Sreesanth got away with ordinary stuff and he didn't bowl as well as his figures suggested, well to a certain extent i agree with Ponting because i also felt that Haydos tried too many cross-batted slogs through the mid-wicket and kept on leaving too many length balls, when he could have easily played those balls through covers or straight down the ground.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Vettori's performance against India by far the best I had seen in the recent times. The amount of variations he put on when his side is been put to test by Sehwag and Gambhir. He himself turned the match for his side with the excellent bowling performance. Indians being good players of spin were not able to find going against this world class left arm spinner.

Its been pleasure watching him all through this series. He has been the spearhead of Nz attack. He lonely brought Nz thus far,,,,,

The fighting ability in him make him the best for me. The other point that makes him best IMO, is that he knows his limitations very well and bowls within his limitations and sticks to basics...

All the best VETTORI for your bright future

Dissector

International Debutant
I think Sreesanth's was the best because he was facing a formidable line-up which needed quick runs on a flat pitch. The last distinguishes it from RP's performance where the ball was doing quite a lot.

When Sreesanth came back for his last over the match was slipping away and he immediately turned it around with Hayden's wicket. A great over under pressure.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
I will go with Sreesanth, he took two crucial wickets against Australia.......but he still hasve much to improve.