Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you be supporting for the Final?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unattainableguy View Post
    That thread is about something completely different from this.
    The question asked may be a different one but we know full well that the same answers are going to be given for the exact same reasons.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I will support India, but I have a feeling Pakistan will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The question asked may be a different one but we know full well that the same answers are going to be given for the exact same reasons.
    Two people have already said that they think Pakistan's gonna win it but they're supporting India, so no you're completely wrong.

First Class Debutant
    Let the best captain win .

Flash Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    i see it this way...which team has done well through out the tournment ... pakistan hasn't lost any matche.. defeated scotland, Sri Lanka, Aus, new zealand and tied thier match with india... considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

india has been lucky all along.... their win against pak was a fluke... and have lost a couple matches also.. they dont even deserve to be in the final.. SA should have been in for India ...

considering all that i support pakistan
    pakistan hasn't lost any matche

Perhpas, now is the time

considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

Everyone who plays to their potential deserves to win

india has been lucky all along.

It takes more than luck to beat big teams ( England who are more pro in 20/20's, beating SA with a low score at home and beating the giant that too in a SEMI final )

their win against pak was a fluke.

On the contrary, Pak had won the game, India pulled a tie from jaws of defeat

and have lost a couple matches also

Hmm, Didn't they only lose to NZ , by just 10 runs

they dont even deserve to be in the final

Read my posts again

SA should have been in for India

With them in the Final, Pak wouldn't stand a chance. Atleast now, its 60/40

BTW, I too think Pak will win coz they have been focussed on this format since a long time and they would wanna give some respite to their fans after all the debacles in their team since last year

I sincerely hope if they win, they should dedicate it to Bob Woolmer - would be a nice touch that too in South Africa

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Two people have already said that they think Pakistan's gonna win it but they're supporting India, so no you're completely wrong.
    Exactly, I for one will be supporting India but I think Pakistan will win.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajeev View Post
    I sincerely hope if they win, they should dedicate it to Bob Woolmer - would be a nice touch that too in South Africa
    Naah, I would dedicate it to Misbah-uL-Haq, The guy just got too much flak for taking Yousuf's spot.

It doesn't matter who people support, the eventual winner is going to be Pakistan.
    Let's wait and see

Either India will win or Pakistan will lose. Take your pick.

R_D
    Hoping for India's win... i'm not pessimistic so I'm going to say India will win.

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Either India will win or Pakistan will lose. Take your pick.
    Good call really, I think it's largely agreed that Pakistan are the better team, which doesn't count for that much IMO. If they play solid cricket it will take an amazing effort from India to beat them.

R_D
    i see it this way...which team has done well through out the tournment ... pakistan hasn't lost any matche.. defeated scotland, Sri Lanka, Aus, new zealand and tied thier match with india... considering this amazing performance they totally deserve to win he cup...

india has been lucky all along.... their win against pak was a fluke... and have lost a couple matches also.. they dont even deserve to be in the final.. SA should have been in for India ...

Can you enlighten us on why they don't deserve to go through ?

Pakistan.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    WHO THEY THINK WILL WIN

The 'Objective' Outsiders

Dennis Lillee -
    India slightfavourites but...

The planets have lined up and there is something very special on the menu at the Wanderers. One thing is certain, if the qualifiers are an indication, the action will be fast and furious.

Both teams are bristling with talent but I can't help feeling that the key to the game lies in the pocket of India's Yuvraj Singh....His meeting with Umar Gul...makes for an intriguing proposition. I would think India would start as slight favourites because of Yuvraj's red hot form but Pakistan openers Hafeez and Nazir are a valuable pairing.

The stage is set for a mouth watering contest.

Mike Hussey -
    Difficult to say

Its really difficult to say who is going to win the tournament. ..both teams have played some superb cricket throughout the tournament. Both are confident balanced line ups and have great talents to make a match for each other.

Steve Waugh -
    Form versus momentum - India are due

Both are entitled to feel that they are the ones who have the edge though Pakistan look like the form team with their bowlers coming good in every game.The more experienced members of the side like Shahid Afridi seem to be enjoying the team environment which is helping them to perform to their full potential. Like India, Pakistan too are playing without stalwarts. This is helping the lesser known players, who seem more comfortable in their own skin and are playing without the burden of expectations.

The story is not very different in the Indian camp. If Pakistan are the form side, then India are the ones with momentum. They have played some high intensity games in the tournament which has helped them improve with every outing. I also feel the Indians are due to a final victory. They have come close on a couple of occasions in the recent past, so maybe their time has come

Those More emotionally involved

Imran Khan -
    Difficult to choose

The heartening news is that both teams have new-look teams. They have given us an indication of the future and the good thing is that there is still plenty of talent in both countries.

It is difficult to choose favourites. They are both young sides with great energy and enthusiasm. All I can say is that the team that keeps the intensity going will win.

Wasim Akram -
    Pakistan but...

I believe the new Pakistan team has it in them to beat anyone.....People have matured over time with the increasing ties between the two countries. Therefore, I dont expect them to react violently even if Pakistan lose

Rameez Raja -
    Pakistan

Pakistan has the perfect combination to win the title. The team is oozing with confidence and the self belief in the people will be the key. Its a good sign that they have got into the habit of winning matches.

Ravi Shastri -
    Even stevens

India and Pakistan start on even keel. Its amazing how (One of the) teams that were knocked out so early in the ODI World Cup will actuallly lift the trophy on Monday night.

Madan Lal -
    No opinion

Let's not compare the two teams(India 1983 and India 2007). The present (Indian) team is doing well. Dhoni should be appreciated for his cptaincy skills and looks well cut out for the job. I wish him and the team avery good luck.

Roger Binny -
    India

There ia world of difference between the two teams . We were no where compared to the Australians but beating them in the semis was a big boost for us. The present side looks unstoppable

Balwinder Sandhu -
    India if...

T20 is a different ball game. Today's youngsters are conversant withthis form of cricket. The common factor between the two teams is that we are not the favourites. We can win if the players bowl cleverly.

School Boy/Girl Captain

You are talking rubbish, whatever matches India won they won by hard work, yes they may have luck with them (as did Pakistan) but you need some luck to win 20 over matches.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information