Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We must continue to look forward

I dont think there is really such a thing as best team winning in 20/20...the better team on the day may win but all it takes is one bad day and you can go from being considered one of the best to one of the worst in peoples perceptions (eg south africa).

Cricket Spectator
    Look you are more likely to get an upset in 20-20 nobody will deny you that, but Yuvraj, Mcmillan, Afridi, Vettori, you can't deny them that they've actually figured out a formula that is working for them more advanced than swing the bat as hard as you can or aim at the stumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Balram View Post
    Look you are more likely to get an upset in 20-20 nobody will deny you that, but Yuvraj, Mcmillan, Afridi, Vettori, you can't deny them that they've actually figured out a formula that is working for them more advanced than swing the bat as hard as you can or aim at the stumps.
    True it does require a different level of skill but if there is one thing this tournament has highlighted is that the field of teams are brought closer to each other. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you view it.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_89 View Post
    True it does require a different level of skill but if there is one thing this tournament has highlighted is that the field of teams are brought closer to each other. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you view it.
    I don't think so, I think Australia at 100% should still beat anyone else playing at 100%, I think what looses it's importance in this code is endurace, I think the value of Kumble just trundling in keeping it in the right spot wearing down batsman is lost, on the same token the value of Kallis just waiting for the bad one then swatting it for four is lost, but then I feel it forces higher standard of play, anything but a jaffer is going to be punished for bowlers,and for the batsman any missed run is a huge deal, there is alot less room especially for bowlers.

R_D
    I dont think there is really such a thing as best team winning in 20/20...the better team on the day may win but all it takes is one bad day and you can go from being considered one of the best to one of the worst in peoples perceptions (eg south africa).
    Don't think any sane people will think that South Africa are a bad team... they are still probably one of the most balanced team regarding 20/20 cricket... its just that they seem to bottle it when it really matters in any format of cricket.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Noted, see unreserved apology made earlier. Just out of curiosity this is completely unacceptable, where would the borderline be?
    Cross it and we will tell you.

Borderline varies on whether you're a staff member or not...
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

I wouldnt say wrong decisions will be more influential...getting given out lbw wrongly may have cost a team 50-60 runs in 20/20 but in a test match it may cost the team 120-150 runs
    People score 50s/60s way more in T20s than they score 120/150 in ODI cricket. Plus, runs are far more valuable in T20.

Don't act superior with me. I made a slur, I was in the wrong, I admitted it, you go on another thread, suggest it is bad for cricket to have two teams who coincidentally are the same race in the final. The difference between you and I is that you insist you were not in the wrong.

On the actual topic, indirectly you are trying to downplay the credibility of a game purely because your team lost, something your not used to. I've met your kind before and I know that if it were Australia lifting that trophy you would be triumphantly declaring it yet another reason why Australia was God's gift to the world.
    The difference between you and I....Denny, I already know we have many differences.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    The difference between you and I....Denny, I already know we have many differences.
    What are you on about. Who is Denny?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Borderline varies on whether you're a staff member or not...
    Come off it man.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    People score 50s/60s way more in T20s than they score 120/150 in ODI cricket. Plus, runs are far more valuable in T20.
    He actually was referring to Test cricket when he spoke of scoring 120/150.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Come off it man.
    Hmm yea, it's not like someone who irritates the 'wrong' people like say Rodgie gets ridiculous large banned slapped on him for anything you lot can think of while someone with 40,000 or so posts is untouchable for some reason unbeknownst to most members is it?

Cricket Spectator
    Now, we must keep going forward, we can not bathe in the glory of a hit and giggle world cup, we should use this as a confidence booster and assert some Authority over the australians in the ODI series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Hmm yea, it's not like someone who irritates the 'wrong' people like say Rodgie gets ridiculous large banned slapped on him for anything you lot can think of while someone with 40,000 or so posts is untouchable for some reason unbeknownst to most members is it?
    AWTA
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information