• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We must continue to look forward

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
I didn't blame our loss on the umpires at all...I'm saying their wrong decisions will be more influential on the outcome of the match. I was talking about T20 in general, and the fact that the better team will not always win.

Didn't see the racist comment, but if you have to stoop to that, you're pretty low.
I wouldnt say wrong decisions will be more influential...getting given out lbw wrongly may have cost a team 50-60 runs in 20/20 but in a test match it may cost the team 120-150 runs

Last edited:

Balram

Cricket Spectator
I didn't blame our loss on the umpires at all...I'm saying their wrong decisions will be more influential on the outcome of the match. I was talking about T20 in general, and the fact that the better team will not always win.

Didn't see the racist comment, but if you have to stoop to that, you're pretty low.
Don't act superior with me. I made a slur, I was in the wrong, I admitted it, you go on another thread, suggest it is bad for cricket to have two teams who coincidentally are the same race in the final. The difference between you and I is that you insist you were not in the wrong.

On the actual topic, indirectly you are trying to downplay the credibility of a game purely because your team lost, something your not used to. I've met your kind before and I know that if it were Australia lifting that trophy you would be triumphantly declaring it yet another reason why Australia was God's gift to the world.

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
I dont think there is really such a thing as best team winning in 20/20...the better team on the day may win but all it takes is one bad day and you can go from being considered one of the best to one of the worst in peoples perceptions (eg south africa).

Balram

Cricket Spectator
Look you are more likely to get an upset in 20-20 nobody will deny you that, but Yuvraj, Mcmillan, Afridi, Vettori, you can't deny them that they've actually figured out a formula that is working for them more advanced than swing the bat as hard as you can or aim at the stumps.

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
Look you are more likely to get an upset in 20-20 nobody will deny you that, but Yuvraj, Mcmillan, Afridi, Vettori, you can't deny them that they've actually figured out a formula that is working for them more advanced than swing the bat as hard as you can or aim at the stumps.
True it does require a different level of skill but if there is one thing this tournament has highlighted is that the field of teams are brought closer to each other. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you view it.

Balram

Cricket Spectator
True it does require a different level of skill but if there is one thing this tournament has highlighted is that the field of teams are brought closer to each other. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you view it.
I don't think so, I think Australia at 100% should still beat anyone else playing at 100%, I think what looses it's importance in this code is endurace, I think the value of Kumble just trundling in keeping it in the right spot wearing down batsman is lost, on the same token the value of Kallis just waiting for the bad one then swatting it for four is lost, but then I feel it forces higher standard of play, anything but a jaffer is going to be punished for bowlers,and for the batsman any missed run is a huge deal, there is alot less room especially for bowlers.

R_D

International Debutant
I dont think there is really such a thing as best team winning in 20/20...the better team on the day may win but all it takes is one bad day and you can go from being considered one of the best to one of the worst in peoples perceptions (eg south africa).
Don't think any sane people will think that South Africa are a bad team... they are still probably one of the most balanced team regarding 20/20 cricket... its just that they seem to bottle it when it really matters in any format of cricket.

sideshowtim

Banned
I wouldnt say wrong decisions will be more influential...getting given out lbw wrongly may have cost a team 50-60 runs in 20/20 but in a test match it may cost the team 120-150 runs
People score 50s/60s way more in T20s than they score 120/150 in ODI cricket. Plus, runs are far more valuable in T20.

sideshowtim

Banned
Don't act superior with me. I made a slur, I was in the wrong, I admitted it, you go on another thread, suggest it is bad for cricket to have two teams who coincidentally are the same race in the final. The difference between you and I is that you insist you were not in the wrong.

On the actual topic, indirectly you are trying to downplay the credibility of a game purely because your team lost, something your not used to. I've met your kind before and I know that if it were Australia lifting that trophy you would be triumphantly declaring it yet another reason why Australia was God's gift to the world.
The difference between you and I....Denny, I already know we have many differences.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come off it man.
Hmm yea, it's not like someone who irritates the 'wrong' people like say Rodgie gets ridiculous large banned slapped on him for anything you lot can think of while someone with 40,000 or so posts is untouchable for some reason unbeknownst to most members is it?

Balram

Cricket Spectator
Now, we must keep going forward, we can not bathe in the glory of a hit and giggle world cup, we should use this as a confidence booster and assert some Authority over the australians in the ODI series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm yea, it's not like someone who irritates the 'wrong' people like say Rodgie gets ridiculous large banned slapped on him for anything you lot can think of while someone with 40,000 or so posts is untouchable for some reason unbeknownst to most members is it?
AWTA