Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We must continue to look forward

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I think T20 world championship is being taken too seriously, T20 is new so its attracting people all around the world, but once they see more and more of it they are bound to get bored with the predictability of T20, because it just isn't proper cricket and it just ain't a test of cricketers skill and people are smart enough to realize that.
    I've followed Twenty20 from the start and I'm a good deal smarter than the vast majority. The format is not predictable. It is proper cricket and it most certainly is a test of cricketers' skill. There is no hiding place in Twenty20, if you aren't up to it you'll be found out. If you can't handle the pressure you'll be found out.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Guys, let's keep it civil. Also, this is why the English Posts Only rule applies, I have no idea what some of the insults being thrown around mean, and so I don't really know what I should be doing about it.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balram View Post
    He's moping, he's a gora, he's a moping gora. And after reading his other thread I don't know there is too much that is uncalled for in his case.
    Completely unacceptable on these forums. If you want to stay here, I would suggest you stop immediately with comments like that. That's an official warning.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 23-09-2007 at 05:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

I think when Gilly was asked the other day that what were his thoughts about T20, he said he would watch it rather than playing it.
    Its not only Gilly lot of players around the world have said that they would prefer T20 as the 3rd format of the game.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Completely unacceptable on these forums. If you want to stay here, I would suggest you stop immediately with comments like that. That's an official warning.
    Noted, see unreserved apology made earlier. Just out of curiosity this is completely unacceptable, where would the borderline be?

Quote Originally Posted by Balram View Post
    Quit it. Your team didn't win this version so you blame it on the umpires but the truth is the opposite. Imagine in a test match first ball of the game someone is wrongly given out lbw, say an Australian Hayden, now that is a huge dint from the start, however you loose Hayden first ball of a 20-20 at the end of the day it'll probably be of little consequence.
    I didn't blame our loss on the umpires at all...I'm saying their wrong decisions will be more influential on the outcome of the match. I was talking about T20 in general, and the fact that the better team will not always win.

Didn't see the racist comment, but if you have to stoop to that, you're pretty low.

International Debutant
    sup balram
    Last edited by Laurrz; 23-09-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    I've followed Twenty20 from the start and I'm a good deal smarter than the vast majority. The format is not predictable. It is proper cricket and it most certainly is a test of cricketers' skill. There is no hiding place in Twenty20, if you aren't up to it you'll be found out. If you can't handle the pressure you'll be found out.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Somebody is a bit grumpy that Australia lost...
    *****Cricket Rules******

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Indeed, it is true. He's also charmingly modest.

Anyway, I agree with the original tone of the thread, and I'd like to add, "We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom"

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    and I'm a good deal smarter than the vast majority.
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Er...with all due respect, that's a load of crap.

You can dominate the game, have one bad over and then the match is lost....Plus, umpiring mistakes are magnified in this format.
    Then you aren't the best team....

I didn't blame our loss on the umpires at all...I'm saying their wrong decisions will be more influential on the outcome of the match. I was talking about T20 in general, and the fact that the better team will not always win.

Didn't see the racist comment, but if you have to stoop to that, you're pretty low.
    I wouldnt say wrong decisions will be more influential...getting given out lbw wrongly may have cost a team 50-60 runs in 20/20 but in a test match it may cost the team 120-150 runs
    Last edited by Vic_89; 23-09-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Cricket Spectator

Don't act superior with me. I made a slur, I was in the wrong, I admitted it, you go on another thread, suggest it is bad for cricket to have two teams who coincidentally are the same race in the final. The difference between you and I is that you insist you were not in the wrong.

On the actual topic, indirectly you are trying to downplay the credibility of a game purely because your team lost, something your not used to. I've met your kind before and I know that if it were Australia lifting that trophy you would be triumphantly declaring it yet another reason why Australia was God's gift to the world.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Haha sideshowtim is getting owned by everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information