Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: India/Pakistan is the worst Final in terms of the future

  1. #1
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255

    India/Pakistan is the worst Final in terms of the future

    That's it guys.

    Twenty20 is now officially the biggest, most important format in the region where the ICC is mainly comprised. India and Pakistan have more of a chance in this format than any other. The ICC, and the Indian and Pakistani fans realise that, and from now on we'll see a huge resurgance in the amount of Twenty20's played.

    I fear for the future of the game now. This isn't a very good result for the future of cricket.

    You see how much the Indian fans are loving it. You see how much the players are loving it. Look on here, all the Indian fans are going nuts. Multiply that by 1 billion, and they have an enormous, new market. And this time, India are actually doing well at it.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,807
    Well if it means less ODIs, I am completely for this change. Death to ODIs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  3. #3
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well if it means less ODIs, I am completely for this change. Death to ODIs.
    Perhaps. And I wouldn't mind that either...that much. But It's less Tests I'm worried about.

    Let's be honest, neither India or Pakistan are brilliant at tests...but they've put in a good showing here...cricket is a business these days.

  4. #4
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    I fear for the future of the game now. This isn't a very good result for the future of cricket.


  5. #5
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    236
    agree with silentstriker - this tournament just paved the way for the definitive limited-overs form, the one which can bring cricket out on the big international sports market - even in the olympics, now that baseball took the cut.
    tests will still be the bigger events, but twenty20 means a full package of competition and excitement, is affordable in terms of time and it's suited to MLB-like club league formats.
    ODIs depend way too much on the coin toss and usually eat a full day for not much.
    better have epic test contests and quickfire competitions like this one.

  6. #6
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,807
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Perhaps. And I wouldn't mind that either...that much. But It's less Tests I'm worried about.

    Let's be honest, neither India or Pakistan are brilliant at tests...but they've put in a good showing here...cricket is a business these days.
    Shrug, India are quite possibly the second best Test team in the world, and they are #3 at worst, so I am not sure what you are on about.

  7. #7
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    i love T20.....a great format which should be part of the future...its exciting its fun and entertaining....it represents whats good in life(yes i am chattin crap...but i do love 2020!)

    p.s...Ind v Pak is the best final u cud ever get...we've been waitin for this for a long time!!!

  8. #8
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Shrug, India are quite possibly the second best Test team in the world, and they are #3 at worst, so I am not sure what you are on about.
    So what? That doesn't mean they are very good. The quality of Test cricket isn't that brilliant that's all.

  9. #9
    International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,255
    Personally I like all three formats and ,yes, regardless of what happens in the final this world cup will give a huge boost to this format.

    I don't think tests will be affected much. They will prune a few of the meanigless ODI games to make room for 20-20 and that is great. You will still have the big ODI tournaments and the bilaterial series (but hopefully not too many 7 match series). They will cut out the random ODI tournaments in places like Malaysia to make way for 20-20.

  10. #10
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,859
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Let's be honest, neither India or Pakistan are brilliant at tests...
    Neither are any team other than Australia.

    Would you be saying the same thing if South Africa made the final? Or New Zealand? India are better than those teams in test matches for mine, and so say the rankings.

    I'm not a fan of the 20/20 format by any stretch of the imagination, but this whole thread is incredibly inaccurate.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  11. #11
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,807
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    So what? That doesn't mean they are very good. The quality of Test cricket isn't that brilliant that's all.
    That's your opinion. I disagree. I loved the England-India series. I certainly thought it was high quality cricket.


    And if the quality of cricket isn't good, then its not a bad thing if it gets phased out. Obviously, I think the cricket is often excellent when it doesn't involve Australia or Bangladesh (they are too far ahead or behind).

  12. #12
    State 12th Man Unattainableguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_sparrow View Post
    lol, worst thread ever.

  13. #13
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

    Would you be saying the same thing if South Africa made the final? Or New Zealand? India are better than those teams in test matches for mine, and so say the rankings.
    No. Because they don't hold as much power at the ICC. Nor would their fans be going as crazy as the Indians and Pakistanis are over a hit and giggle tournament. Therefore the market wouldn't open up as much as it is going to now.

    Indian and Pakistani fans want to see their teams more in the formats they do well at. More T20 cricket will be played now, without a doubt. I just fear that it may start to gain ascendencey over tests due to the fact that India and Pakistan won't win there as much as they will in T20's.

  14. #14
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,807
    I love to talk about this mythical power that India supposedly have over the ICC. They get the same amount of votes as every other Test playing nation.

    It wasn't the ICC that forced Australia to play a 7 ODI series. It was your Aussie board that agreed to play as it helps them with lots of $$ too.

  15. #15
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,859
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    No. Because they don't hold as much power at the ICC. Nor would their fans be going as crazy as the Indians and Pakistanis are over a hit and giggle tournament. Therefore the market wouldn't open up as much as it is going to now.

    Indian and Pakistani fans want to see their teams more in the formats they do well at. More T20 cricket will be played now, without a doubt. I just fear that it may start to gain ascendencey over tests due to the fact that India and Pakistan won't win there as much as they will in T20's.
    Ah so this is pretty much just another excuse for an attack on Indian and Pakistani cricket, and their cricket fans in general.

    Seemed that way at the start when I first read the thread, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Should have known to be honest.

    God forbid India and Pakistan either:
    a) have success
    b) enjoy the game
    c) have any power/influence in the game

    If Indian fans only watched the formats of the game that they were good at, they wouldn't watch ODI cricket because India are crap at it, and they'd watch more test cricket, which India are far better than compared to the pyjama game. But they still watch more ODIs (generally) because that's their cricketing culture. They don't just watch what they're good at, because then they wouldn't watch much cricket at all.
    Last edited by Jono; 22-09-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sure Shot n Absolute Final Prediction ,Eng vs WI ?
    By FRAZ in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-09-2004, 04:24 AM
  2. Final Squads Announcements
    By Rich2001 in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 07:44 PM
  3. Predictions League Round 33 - the final one!
    By marc71178 in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-04-2004, 02:55 AM
  4. The worst possible final
    By nibbs in forum Rugby Union World Cup 2003
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •