• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India/Pakistan is the worst Final in terms of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideshowtim

Banned
You quoted before my edit so I'll post again:

If Indian fans only watched the formats of the game that they were good at, they wouldn't watch ODI cricket because India are crap at it, and they'd watch more test cricket, which India are far better than compared to the pyjama game. But they still watch more ODIs (generally) because that's their cricketing culture. They don't just watch what they're good at, because then they wouldn't watch much cricket at all.
I'm not saying they don't watch those formats. At all. I'm just saying they'll want to watch T20 more because they have a better chance of winning, and that increases viewership, money from sponsorship etc. T20 will now attract more of an audience than Test cricket in India and make a whole load of money.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not saying they don't watch those formats. At all. I'm just saying they'll want to watch T20 more because they have a better chance of winning, and that increases viewership, money from sponsorship etc. T20 will now attract more of an audience than Test cricket in India and make a whole load of money.
But Jono has already proved you wrong. They suck at ODIs, yet Indians still watch more ODIs.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
marketing is everything.. if by any chance there would start on thursday an ind vs. pak test series the audience would be huge!
it's not really that much about the format, it's about quality play, front stars and rivalries. and it's about how you gather all this together and make a package of it to pass on, to sell.
ODI world cup failed here, Twenty20 succeeded.
and some traditional rivalries in test cricket (ashes, ind-pak, ind-aus, aus-nz) make the cash at the grounds and stick milions in face of the tv.
it's all about how creative you get with the advertising and about the quality of the product.

sideshowtim

Banned
But Jono has already proved you wrong. They suck at ODIs, yet Indians still watch more ODIs.
They win more ODIs than Tests though don't they? Indian fans always know they're a better chance of winning a 50 over game than a test, and that would explain why more watch it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who do you think makes the ICC the most money? India! They are given huge leniency with everything and have huge power. Money is power.
I'm not asking you for quotations. I am asking you how they have the power. Yes, they make the ICC the most money, but how does that money translate into decision making power at the ICC. Because the last time I checked, they got the same vote as everyone else. The only way they can 'influence' the ICC more is by getting countries like Australia to agree with them and vote with them.

sideshowtim

Banned
marketing is everything.. if by any chance there would start on thursday an ind vs. pak test series the audience would be huge!
it's not really that much about the format, it's about quality play, front stars and rivalries. and it's about how you gather all this together and make a package of it to pass on, to sell.
ODI world cup failed here, Twenty20 succeeded.
and some traditional rivalries in test cricket (ashes, ind-pak, ind-aus, aus-nz) make the cash at the grounds and stick milions in face of the tv.
it's all about how creative you get with the advertising and about the quality of the product.
And T20 is an easier package to sell, wouldn't you agree?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They win more ODIs than Tests though don't they? Indian fans always know they're a better chance of winning a 50 over game than a test, and that would explain why more watch it.
That's not true. Indian record in Test series has been 28 wins, 19 losses, and 25 draws since 2001. And India win an ODI tournament once every tournament.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
it's not necesarily easier to sell, even if it's very marketable.
you can very nicely advertise an epic Test marathon as the Ashes, like big marathon races make the numbers and audiences even if they are not so easy to follow in their entirety.
marathon, semi-long distance and sprints (from 100m to 400m, let's say) all have their following - it's still an athletic contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.