• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shot of the T20 World Cup err.... Championships

irfan

State Captain
Not sure if this will cotton on, but if it does we could also do a delivery of the tournament, catch of the tournament etc.

Basically after this Twenty20 championships what shot has left an indelible (sp?) imprint on your mind amidst the blur of crazy swipes and cheeky paddle sweeps.

For me, based on the matches/highlights of the matches I've watched so far (not a lot tbh) it has to be Misbah's step back and whack over Bracken's head way over widish mid on.

Loved the fact that he used the crease intelligently and made the ball shorter than it clearly was and then timed it perfectly for it to sail as the longest six of the tourney. The fact that he didn't have to cross-bat it or rely on an extravagant follow through shows the sheer brilliance of the stroke.

Easily better than any of Yuvraj's or McMillan's sixes in the tournament.

So what's your choice ??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if this will cotton on, but if it does we could also do a delivery of the tournament, catch of the tournament etc.

Basically after this Twenty20 championships what shot has left an indelible (sp?) imprint on your mind amidst the blur of crazy swipes and cheeky paddle sweeps.

For me, based on the matches/highlights of the matches I've watched so far (not a lot tbh) it has to be Misbah's step back and whack over Bracken's head way over widish mid on.

Loved the fact that he used the crease intelligently and made the ball shorter than it clearly was and then timed it perfectly for it to sail as the longest six of the tourney. The fact that he didn't have to cross-bat it or rely on an extravagant follow through shows the sheer brilliance of the stroke.

Easily better than any of Yuvraj's or McMillan's sixes in the tournament.

So what's your choice ??
I really liked Jehan Mubarak's first innings. I am afraid I dont remember who itwas against. Sorry for that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Any specific shots in mind, SJS ??
No. Not any specific shot but I like his clean hitting, lovely swing of the bat, great timing. It was no slogging. He played lovely crisp cricketing shots.

I was also taken by surprise since I haven't seen much of him before. I always love it when a young new player comes and puts up a good show not just in terms of runs or wickets but a good show of 'pedigree' because it promises great viewing in times to come. Thas always very exciting.

Its e\probably more exciting for me when its a young bowler though since that is rarer. I remember when I first saw Asif bowl. It was amazing. I told myself, if this guy is going to keep bowling like this Pakistan matches against good batting sides are going to be great to watch. :)

sunilreddy

Banned
I will go for Yuvraj's flick of Brett Lee. It's amazing how well he timed the ball. It sailed and sailed and sailed.