• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sat 22
13:00 local, 11:00 GMT 1st Semi Final - E2 v F1
Newlands, Cape Town

Sat 22
18:00 local, 16:00 GMT 2nd Semi Final - E1 v F2
Kingsmead, Durban

Mon 24
14:00 local, 12:00 GMT Final - TBC v TBC
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

My guess is Pakistan or Sri Lanka v South Africa for First Semi Final and Australia v New Zealand or India for second Semi Final.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually it should be the other way. NZ or India v Australia First Semi and South Africa v Pakistan or SL .

pasag

RTDAS
Every side has too many issues for mine besides Australia and Sri Lanka who I don't think they will have too much trouble advancing to the final, although I can see SA getting there if everything goes right for them.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia are pretty certain to reach Final unless they wobble against NZ in the Semi, IMO.

South Africa can definitely beat Pak or SL . This second Semi could be anybody's game....:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Semifinals
  • Australia versus New Zealand
  • Sri Lanka versus South Africa

Australia and Sri Lanka favourites to reah finals. If they do it will be abyone's game in the finals.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia and Sri Lanka will cruise into the final IMO, they're a class and a half above the rest of the nations.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nothings for sure really, Sri Lanka are looking the best, not quite ready to praise the Aussie team yet after being made to look stupid by Zimbabwe.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Im backing Sri Lanka to win this.

A Jayasuriya swansong is what we should expect.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Sri Lanka are a strong contender but I suspect they rely very heavily upon Jayasuriya and Jayawarena.

The youngster lower down the order do not come through when the top order fails but are outstanding if it does. This happens far too often for it not to be significant.

biased indian

International Coach

SL is in lot of trouble now......

with pakistan expected to beat Ban..SL with that 33 run lose will have to beat Aus with a big margin...to advance now

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
With today's pakistan win against australia, This is my semifinal line-up

Pakistan vs New Zealand
South africa Vs Australia

Finals

South africa Vs Pakistan

Lets see what really happens from now on.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Pakistan looking good for the semis atleast, but I think the Bangladeshis have an outside chance. If they beat SL (not impossible) and Pakistan have a bad day (very possible now since they have pretty much qualified),

Still my predictions:

Pakistan v New Zealand
South Africa v Sri Lanka

Final
New Zealand v Sri Lanka

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan looking good for the semis atleast, but I think the Bangladeshis have an outside chance. If they beat SL (not impossible) and Pakistan have a bad day (very possible now since they have pretty much qualified),

Still my predictions:

Pakistan v New Zealand
South Africa v Sri Lanka

Final
New Zealand v Sri Lanka
Pakistan are through. Its now between Sri Lanka and Australia. (or is it going to be BD......??)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan aren't quite technically through yet, it's possible Bangladesh and Australia could finish on 2 wins along with Pakistan and knock them out on NRR. Although the chances of that happening are tiny.

Anyway I'm expecting an Australia v Pakistan final, with Australia giving Pakistan a thrashing.

Dissector

International Debutant
After the SL win over BD, Pakistan becomes the first team to make it to the semis. I would bet on South Africa, New Zealand and Australia joining them with a possible upset coming from Sri Lanka.