• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Er....most people would agree I think. If you believe India were easily the better team today QUOTE] I guess its really bitter for you. Infact if you want more sour grapes you can even buy it.I think india were better today .

Infact pakistan should have been down and out at almost 130/7. That it manage to come to this finish is because of one-man misbah-ul-haq. So get over it buddy.

Attachments

Nishant

International 12th Man
Yeah, this is what I meant. Even if Pakistan had won off that Misbah shot, it was still a dead even game for mine. As you said, winning a game doesn't automatically accord one better status.

In my books, I couldn't split India and Pakistan tonight.
Thats true...but you cant run away frm the fact that india deserved the win today...they were certainly under pressure after a low score in the first innings. At the end of the day, its abt who wins TBF...we all know that...but the fact that pakistan played as well as india means that we MUST congratulate them as well on a tournament well played.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Er....most people would agree I think. If you believe India were easily the better team today QUOTE] I guess its really bitter for you. Infact if you want more sour grapes you can even buy it.I think india were better today .

Infact pakistan should have been down and out at almost 130/7. That it manage to come to this finish is because of one-man misbah-ul-haq. So get over it buddy.
:laugh:

Nishant

International 12th Man
He was arrested after dancing on the roof of a pub wearing nothing but an Indian flag and screaming the Indian national anthem.

Hope you've all got enough for bail.
im sure he was watching it at home....so we dont have to worry abt it at all. We are crazy fans who are extremely proud of their team....doesnt mean we're stupid....(lol though....i got told of by my neighbours for shouting and celebrating too loudly after india won!!!)

sideshowtim

Banned
Thats true...but you cant run away frm the fact that india deserved the win today...they were certainly under pressure after a low score in the first innings. At the end of the day, its abt who wins TBF...we all know that...but the fact that pakistan played as well as india means that we MUST congratulate them as well on a tournament well played.
Neither team deserved to lose.

Nishant

International 12th Man
hey guys, i hope you enjoy my posts, eventhough i might little bit go overboard in supporting india. But my intention is not to offend anyone.
Really took a day off from my ph.d program to follow this stuff and was happy at the end of it.
nah man...dont worry...it shows how patriotic you are and that u love indian cricket. Thats fair enough IMO....its great to have another fun, exciting indian fan on CW!!!!

i dont think u were really offending anyone....just remember that ppl have opinions and we have to respect them...ull be fine!!!!

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
I hope this 2020 cricket also brought 2 good things to team india
1. Fielding- The fielding of team india was very good, because of young legs in the field and the pressure to prove themselves in international cricket.This could be a blessing in disguise, if the BCCi is wise enough to induct these young players wisely in ODI.
2. Irfan pathan- he is really back. I hope he goes here from strength to strength.
3. Good to see refreshingly a winner other than australia. Australia winning world cup in 1999,2003,2007 without a major fight from their opponents in finals was simply boring.pakistan were really good today.
I hope this win will encourage the other countries to take on australia atleast in LOI.I sincerely hope this might be a start for many more good things to come.

Many points will follow later. Right now it's a moment for a small cake to celebrate the win.

sideshowtim

Banned
This may sound odd coming from me, but a loss for Australia was the best thing that could've happened for world cricket. Look how excited the cricket world is after an Australian series loss. I can sense that right now, and I'm equally as excited as an Aussie fan to try and prove you all wrong again ;)

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Another important point was how crucial the loss of india and pakistan from 2007 world cup in carribean.

Both these teams bring a lot of spirit and energy into the games and are likely the ones to cause upset against strong teams like australia and south africa (even though they could do it much more frequently).

Instead we had all these rubbish games of bangladesh and ireland in carribean which was completely one sided. Even the semifinals and finals were one sided. Oh what a drab and bore.

adharcric

International Coach
dude u r contridicting urself here... i support pak and SL.. i don't call my self neutral while u support india and be baise about it and then call ur self neutral... i don't have any problem with u but it seams pretty wrong... it is ur name u can put it anything that u want... why would i have problem with it

like perm called shah rukh khan young and healthy michal jackson i wont be that rude to call u anything else but ur name lol
Nobody cares about his username. Cut it out.

adharcric

International Coach
Umm, no. India were not a 'better' team today unless winning something automatically accords somebody a better status.

And no, I wouldn't have said Pakistan were better either if we had won.
Yes, it does. For that day, the winning team is the better team because they have outplayed the opposition ... unless you have ridiculous circumstances (biased umpiring or something). India were just barely the better team today, by the thinnest of margins ... because they won. Overall status is determined over a period of time but the better team on a particular day is the team that wins.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This may sound odd coming from me, but a loss for Australia was the best thing that could've happened for world cricket. Look how excited the cricket world is after an Australian series loss. I can sense that right now, and I'm equally as excited as an Aussie fan to try and prove you all wrong again ;)
Not many people care about Australian loss except probably the Aussie themselves. People are excited because of the cricket played in last couple of days. Indians are excited because their team won the Twenty20 WC.

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yes, it does. For that day, the winning team is the better team because they have outplayed the opposition ... unless you have ridiculous circumstances (biased umpiring or something). India were just barely the better team today, by the thinnest of margins ... because they won. Overall status is determined over a period of time but the better team on a particular day is the team that wins.
Exactly. Stop trying to imagine up ways to disparage the game.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
CONGRATS TO INDIA!!!!

First of all many congratulations to india, i cant understand why alot of people here just cant seem to accept the fact that india played better cricket today and hence won the game....if it wasnt for Misbah-ul-haq pakistan would have been beaten comprehensively, so all credit to india for not only batting according to the situation during their innings but also bowling with excellent line and length (with the exception of Sreeshanth). It was just another tournament and i am really really happy that our team got to the finals.

The biggest positives pakistan can take out from this tour is Tanvir and Misbah and i was very impressed with our bowling combinations specially how we used Gul and Afridi. Openers remain a major problem and thats where we should be concentrating now.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tell you what, this thread makes hard reading with all the text-speak. Almost ruins what could've been a few good pages of conversation.

Irfan Pathan deserved his MotM award, although Gautum Gambhir and RP Singh would've been in with a fair chance aswell I think. Didn't think Afridi deserved the MotS though, surely Gul would've been a better choice for that?

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Tell you what, this thread makes hard reading with all the text-speak. Almost ruins what could've been a few good pages of conversation.

Irfan Pathan deserved his MotM award, although Gautum Gambhir and RP Singh would've been in with a fair chance aswell I think. Didn't think Afridi deserved the MotS though, surely Gul would've been a better choice for that?
I think it was a really close call.....it could have gone either way but because afridi made some runs in a couple of matches, thats what gave him the edge.

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think it was a really close call.....it could have gone either way but because afridi made some runs in a couple of matches, thats what gave him the edge.
I think Gul should have got it too, what a gem.

I know the award is for the 'series' but when it is so close, the performance in the final should give him the edge.