• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh man i can't belive this
at moment like this i hate cricket game...
india came from a fluke win when they could have gone out of tournment in to wining this thing... my hat of for them..
I suppose at least you're giving them credit, fair play for that :)

Such an unbeleivable win for India, not just the game, but the tournament. To be without your three star batsman and have an inexperienced captain and bowling attack, yet still overcome this and win the first world competition in a new format of the game. Amazing.

GGG

State Captain
Brilliant final to cap of a excellent tournament, I'm sold on twenty/20, I say scrap ODI's and since twenty/20 takes less out of the players we can have more tests.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well done India, what a final! Amazing stuff!

What a tournament though, made up for what was a terrible ODI World Cup. I must say, I'd watch a Twenty20 match over an ODI match easily.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yup, I always thought T20 > ODI, and this proves it. More Tests please. And each team can play like 25-30 T20 per year and 0 ODIs.

Fusion

Global Moderator
What India accomplished in this tournament is nothing short of amazing. The way they came back to win the whole damn thing…man they deserve all the accolades (and money!) they are about to receive. Well played India, what a team achievement!

As for Pakistan, as disappointing as this loss is, we have to be pleased to make the final. It had been a really tough year and this team finally provided some moments of joy to its fans. Great start under Lawson! I hope this is a sign of things to come.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Fabulous cricket by so many. Gambhir, Gul, Imran, Misbah, RP Singh, Pathan.

Great display by both sides. Its just that someone had to lose. What a see saw match.

Come on guys this is not a time to fight about it. India were not lucky to win nor would they have been unlucky had they lost. It was just a very close game which both did enough to win. Any one who thinks otherwise should stay away from sports.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A brief moment of calm and the Indians are again celebrating on the outfield. Dhoni gives his shirt away to a young fan and is walking around bare-chested as Malcolm Speed, the ICC chief executive, comes around to offer his congratulations.

sideshowtim

Banned
Well, well done to India. An absolutely magnificent victory in an enthralling game of cricket. They truley do deserve it and have played some outstanding cricket. My hats off to them.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
india came from a fluke win when they could have gone out of tournment in to wining this thing... my hat of for them..
Give up all association with any sport in that case for this is what sport is about - winning some losing some. If you cant take that stay away for your own health :)

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Whatever pakistan win is through skill, but whatever india wins is fluke. This is pure rubbish from you.
Get used to the fact buddy. India won by skill and even the bowl out in league stages which pakistan managed is fluke.

Dissector

International Debutant
I am still shaking from the excitement. :laugh: Finally, revenge for the Miandad six. :laugh:

Congratulations to India and also Misbah who nearly played one of the great clutch innings in cricket history.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Well Done India. I Will Die Peacefully Saying, I Saw India Win 2020 World Cup In My Life.
Outstanding Win India.keep It Up.

sideshowtim

Banned
Absolutely nothing seperating the sides for mine. India will go down on paper as winners and probably rightly so, but I think both teams are winners and have played superbly.