Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals and Finals

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Well done India, how romantic.

@ all the people who while the game was played. kept counting India out. Seems like they dominated.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well done India, how romantic.

@ all the people who while the game was played. kept counting India out. Seems like they dominated.
    I assure you I wasn't one of them .

But yeah seriously this is pretty darn romantic, it's amazing to be honest, a dream come true.

INDIA VS PAKISTAN FINAL.... after all that happened in the WC.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All we know for sure is that Yuvraj is the coolest man on the planet. Yes he's taken over Samuel L Jackson.
    LOL.

The fact that anyone believes an Indian could be cooler than Samuel L Jackson is proposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I know this is fairly juvenile, but still, has Raghav made an appearance out of curiosity? CBF going through what appears to be a war between the Indian posters and showsidetim.
    Nah, probably stayed away after seeing the "war" in here.
    Last edited by adharcric; 22-09-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Oh btw, perfect time for this video, leading upto the final...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QKkvRk5qD6M

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Nah, he's better than SST, only bashes India when they lose.
    Yeah SST makes Raghav look like God.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Love the activity on this thread. Can't believe some of the aussies who are saying that we are self proclaiming that we are the best team in the world. All we are saying is that we have beaten the best team in the world and we have every right to celebrate this thumping win.

Our young guns remained cool and delivered when needed. I have high respects for this young team. Surely the are not the best in whatever they do, but they got the job done. Going into the match as underdogs, we proved the world that we have something in this young team that all our future teams lacked.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Surely only bashing India when they lose would be worse. Gloating is far more annoying than just being consistently critical.

Anyway, I didn't see the game, but it sounds like India played some good cricket, and Australia not so much. Looking forward to the summer ahead even more now.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Well this wasn't a good tournament for the Aussies, everything that had to go wrong went wrong with them in this tournament and i guess the 5 month lay off is to be blamed for that, a 5 month break is just too long a period to stay away from the game in international cricket and obviously all the Australian cricketers looked out of nick both cricket-wise and physical fitness-wise.
    So the ****ing T20 is out of the way for Australia and now we can concentrate on some real cricket.

@ alternative, Mate now seriously you don't think India and Pakistan's success in T20 would suddenly make them better odi and test teams, i mean haven't India lost an odi series just recently (and that to against England of all the teams)!
    Even if Australia were under-cooked for this tournament, if this would have been an Odi tournament they would have still walked away with the series, its just that T20 brings all the teams to a plain-level-field so anybody can beat anyone, but that would change too as teams play more and more of T20 cricket and the better teams would move ahead of the weaker sides when they gain more experience of this format of the game.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Well this wasn't a good tournament for the Aussies, everything that had to go wrong went wrong with them in this tournament and i guess the 5 month lay off is to be blamed for that, a 5 month break is just too long a period to stay away from the game in international cricket and obviously all the Australian cricketers looked out of nick both cricket-wise and physical fitness-wise.
    Our middle order seriously looks scratchy..ive actually worried about it for a while...i wonder who will play at #7 for the 7 match ODI series against India... Haddin isnt a fav of mine atm but he is a good batsman....i suppose
    im thinking more like a hopes maybe

but then again you arent expected to smash every ball in ODI's

our bowlers (4 quicks) have been superb though.. they didnt look like they had a break.. 5th bowler was a bitch though

Though it doesn't really matter now but it would have been really better if Australians could have picked this squad for World T20 :-
    1.A.Gilchrist
    2.M.Hayden
    3.R.Ponting
    4.A.Symonds
    5.B.Hodge
    6.D.Hussey
    7.C.White
    8.B.Lee
    9.M.Johnson
    10.S.Clark
    11.N.Bracken
    12.B.Hilfenhaus
    13.M.Clarke
    14.B.Hogg
    15.M.Hussey
    Now Australians have been saying for a long time that if you are good player then you are good player and the format of the game hardly matters, now i don't agree with that T20 can confuse the best of the batsmen regarding at what rate he should pace his innings, though the likes of Clarke and Mike Hussey are fantastic Odi players, i don't think T20 suits their style of play they like to push their innings with one's and two's and quick running between the wickets and on top of that they didn't had much experience of T20 cricket either, so i would have been tempted to draft in players like White, Hodge and David Hussey who have the experience of playing T20 cricket in UK.
    Not selecting White and Hussey was absolutely stupid they are easily two of the best strikers of the cricket ball in Australia.

I would pick Hopes without any hesitation for the Indian tour he has really done well Pakistan, he should bat at 7 then and he would help in solving the 5th bowler issue to some extent, really the way Roy is bowling post his bicep tear is very frustrating, he was a really handy bowler but now he looks like a hit me bowler.
    As far as Haddin is concerned i wouldn't even let him near the playing XI after what he did yesterday, i think its one of those occasions where a player does something really stupid and loses serious credentials in your eyes.

International Debutant
    i certainly agree

damn we missed White's big hitting in the middle order.... that team we played against England at the SCG was a relaly good T20 one i recn
    David hussey a gun as well

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I would pick Hopes without any hesitation for the Indian tour he has really done well Pakistan, he should bat at 7 then and he would help in solving the 5th bowler issue to some extent, really the way Roy is bowling post his bicep tear is very frustrating, he was a really handy bowler but now he looks like a hit me bowler.
    As far as Haddin is concerned i wouldn't even let him near the playing XI after what he did yesterday, i think its one of those occasions where a player does something really stupid and loses serious credentials in your eyes.
    yea hopes was good in pak

but is he a #7 batsman? and are his medium pacers just as good as roys?

i rate him higher than Watto though.. and it looked like he had an amazing domestic season in one dayers last season... leading wicket taker... i think he's been bowling at 140k as well.. he must've improved

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information