• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yup, maiden is what counts. Still, even RP Singh is bowling a bit too short in his third over. Good length deliveries are not as effective here.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup, maiden is what counts. Still, even RP Singh is bowling a bit too short in his third over. Good length deliveries are not as effective here.
When used with the natural angle created by the left-arm bowler, length deliveries can be effective. Not too sure why he changed to around the wicket though.

No-ball and four. C'mon India.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
When used with the natural angle created by the left-arm bowler, length deliveries can be effective. Not too sure why he changed to around the wicket though.

No-ball and four. C'mon India.
They can somewhat in a normal format, but here a yorker from that angle would still be better.

At least 50% of your balls, if not higher, should be very full.

pup11

International Coach
Pakistan middle order has been in superb form so India needs to keep on getting wickets at regular intervals.

Perm

I think they key in this game, as a captain, is to mix your bowlers up. Only give them an over or two and always try and keep the batsman guessing, you can't let them get used to the same pace or angle. We seen Martin Crowe do it during the 92 World Cup, and I think the same tactics can be used effectively during Twenty20 cricket.

Perm

They can somewhat in a normal format, but here a yorker from that angle would still be better.

At least 50% of your balls, if not higher, should be very full.
Oh, no doubt. If India could bowl yorkers at this stage, like Pakistan did, it would be a god-send.

Nazir looks to have picked up an injury, limping slightly.

Perm

Gone! Big help for India. Now all we need is to make sure Afridi doesn't face many.

pup11

International Coach
Nazir is struggling with the same groin strain the injury that he is carrying since the Bangladesh game, and due to this i guess umpire also refused to let him have a runner.

Perm

Nazir is struggling with the same groin strain the injury that he is carrying since the Bangladesh game, and due to this i guess umpire also refused to let him have a runner.
That's exactly why. He was fortunate that either Vettori didn't know the rules, or decided to let him have a runner, because he was batting with a runner during the semi-final.