• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

R_D

International Debutant
All the best with your mother's health SJS.

I hope you guys all ready for a CW- meetup in Banglore :p
Already booked my flight to India.... definately going for 2 of the test matches. Banglore and Kolkatta... just have accommodation and domestic flights to sort out now.

Bouncer

State Regular
We are completely split as a family (geographically) at this point in time and will be watching the game from four different places and three completely different time zones.

Myself from Mumbai, wife from Jammu where she is visiting my mother, my elder son from New York and mu younger son from Shanghai where he is travelling on business. Only thing thats confirmed is that all four will be glued to the TV.

Add my younger brother from Birmingham and we have another time zone and another continent. My eighty two year old mother, gravely ill, will not miss a second of the game irrespective of her health :)

I wonder if there is anything else that holds us all with the same passion and intensity :dry:
Sirjee, where did u say u currently live???

It has been great pleasure talking to u about cricket or reading ur posts...

Can u say once, Pakistan Jindabad!:D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
no office time is upto 5.45.....30 minutes is the maxim u can go early...

other wise its half day..and i am running short of leaves :(
tats too bad, all the best with the traffic, then. :)

Lucky you are not in Bangalore, I guess. The game would be over before you cross that distance there. ;)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Another absolute gem from Dhoni

On being told that India had never lost a World Cup match ever to Pakistan he said,
There's always a first time. So if we start believing that just because we have never lost to Pakistan in a World Cup we are going to sail through, that is not going to happen.
.... As far as history is concerned, it has got nothing to do with cricket

And again commenting on Sreesanth's being pulled up and fined

"As a skipper I have to take responsibility for Sreesanth, He has to understand that it's international cricket and you've got to play by the rules. He's a good cricketer and he's got the skills to perform well at the highest level. Getting banned for four of five games won't help him or the team. So either he learns it the soft way or the hard way; it is up to him. But he will learn."​

This man tells it exactly as it is - to former cricketers (Shastri), his team mates and media.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Another absolute gem from Dhoni

On being told that India had never lost a World Cup match ever to Pakistan he said,
There's always a first time. So if we start believing that just because we have never lost to Pakistan in a World Cup we are going to sail through, that is not going to happen.
.... As far as history is concerned, it has got nothing to do with cricket

And again commenting on Sreesanth's being pulled up and fined

"As a skipper I have to take responsibility for Sreesanth, He has to understand that it's international cricket and you've got to play by the rules. He's a good cricketer and he's got the skills to perform well at the highest level. Getting banned for four of five games won't help him or the team. So either he learns it the soft way or the hard way; it is up to him. But he will learn."​

This man tells it exactly as it is - to former cricketers (Shastri), his team mates and media.

This is what I love in Dhoni...

Dhoni's captaincy changed a lot to Indian side. He has been very straight forward.. I like this guy more for his captaincy than his batting..

If the selector's let him continue as captain for atleast 6 months from now, he will prove lot to this world..

irfan

State Captain
Should be an awesome game -will be dissapointed if one team completely dominated (unlikely - if anyone it would be Pakistan) but hopefully it would go right down to the wire.

The key for India is Gul & Afridi - if they can consistently score off these two without giving more than a couple of wickets than India would go a long way towards winning. Gotta pick Afridi's variations and move Gul out of his comforrt zone (yorker/short length deliveries.)

biased indian

International Coach
Should be an awesome game -will be dissapointed if one team completely dominated (unlikely - if anyone it would be Pakistan) but hopefully it would go right down to the wire.

The key for India is Gul & Afridi - if they can consistently score off these two without giving more than a couple of wickets than India would go a long way towards winning. Gotta pick Afridi's variations and move Gul out of his comforrt zone (yorker/short length deliveries.)
ya agreeeee

if iits a tight game india will win.....

but if the winner is pakistan it will be fairly one sided game

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yusuf Pathan in for Virender Sehwag, Yasir Arafat in for Fawad Alam.

Dhoni has won the toss and elected to bat.