• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We are completely split as a family (geographically) at this point in time and will be watching the game from four different places and three completely different time zones.

Myself from Mumbai, wife from Jammu where she is visiting my mother, my elder son from New York and mu younger son from Shanghai where he is travelling on business. Only thing thats confirmed is that all four will be glued to the TV.

Add my younger brother from Birmingham and we have another time zone and another continent. My eighty two year old mother, gravely ill, will not miss a second of the game irrespective of her health :)

I wonder if there is anything else that holds us all with the same passion and intensity :dry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We are completely split as a family (geographically) at this point in time and will be watching the game from four different places and three completely different time zones.

Myself from Mumbai, wife from Jammu where she is visiting my mother, my elder son from New York and mu younger son from Shanghai where he is travelling on business. Only thing thats confirmed is that all four will be glued to the TV.

Add my younger brother from Birmingham and we have another time zone and another continent. My eighty two year old mother, gravely ill, will not miss a second of the game irrespective of her health :)

I wonder if there is anything else that holds us all with the same passion and intensity :dry:
Inspite of over half a century between the ages of the youngest and oldest of this lot, all are agreed that T20 is not the real thing. Yet all will be watching. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Inspite of over half a century between the ages of the youngest and oldest of this lot, all are agreed that T20 is not the real thing. Yet all will be watching. :)
That is great, SJS... All the best. And I am hoping against hope that we turn in another intense performance.

BTW, hope your mother gets better, SJS. All the best to her too. :)

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain

Sjs, is the handsome guy in photograph ur younger son??

I hope your mother gets well, take good care of her.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Awesome, truly awesome :D Apart from your mother's poor health.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
True cricket fans would quit the tennis team and drop out of school at such critical moments in life. Really, I'm starting to question your commitment.
I have already called in sick to work. ;)

Damn having to work in second shift this week. If it had been first shift, I could have gone to work and still come back in time for the game. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sjs, is the handsome guy in photograph ur younger son??

I hope your mother gets well, take good care of her.
It is a sad story. That person was a member at CW and was a promising player in the USA age group ranks who unfortunately is no longer with us anymore. :(

His name is Fardin and his user name here was Cricket Player. You may have come across him in most people's signatures here.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for the good wishes for my mother guys. HB already explained about Fardin. I just cant seem to forget the utter frustration and sense of helplessness I felt when I heard of his tragic accident. For me that was the most momentous moment of my entire stay on CW.

Fardin was also one of the most lovable kids around. He was so much in love with life. Terrible terrible terrible tragedy.

I dont intend to change my avataar ever again. Besides a tribute to Fardin and as a reminder of the fondness one developed towards him over the short time of his stay here, it is also a constant reminder to me of the fickle nature of destiny.

pup11

International Coach
I really have a feeling that today's final might go down to the wire, since both teams are really desperate to win this tournament, i think on current form India (especially Yuvraj) look untouchable, but the pressure of an Indo-Pak game and that too a final would be huge, so the team that handles the pressure better might win.
Anyways i am not to happy to see the Aussies missing out on a final after a long time, but well i guess they would have to wait for another 2 years to get their hands of that T20 WC trophy.

biased indian

International Coach
i have to leave from work at 5.15......drive 15 Km
reach home by 5.40 so that i will miss only 2 overs...

and hopefully the traffic will not be that much really hope so ..:)
some times it does take 1 hour to cover the same distance :(

pup11

International Coach
SJS, how old are you??
I always thought you were of my age (20), so i better start calling you sir or Mr.SJS!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS, how old are you??
I always thought you were of my age (20), so i better start calling you sir or Mr.SJS!!
I am 57. Will be 58 next February and I have two sons who are in their early 30's.

But Sjs will do fine :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am 57. Will be 58 next February and I have two sons who are in their early 30's.

But Sjs will do fine :)
yeah, even I felt like I should address with more respect myself...

I guess if we ever meet, I will definitely call you "sir". :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
no office time is upto 5.45.....30 minutes is the maxim u can go early...

other wise its half day..and i am running short of leaves :(
15 km in just half an hour! you cant go at that speed here in hyderabad. I am not sure about the traffic in your city