• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
I have feeling that Pakistan is going to break the WC jix tomorrow and which is okay, they have been a good team in this tournament.

What I fear is that Pakistani fans, Man they have been waiting for a long long time. :)

There was a Mini-Jinx breaker in Champions Trophy 2004, but in the 50 over version we are way ahead so it will take about 4 world cups to equate it ( around 2023 ); if Pak win all of them and by that time we all be old and wouldn't care about these silly comparisons

adharcric

International Coach
BTW what is the general opinion about Joginder? He did get the job done in that final over but I still don't think he is a good enough bowler. OTOH dropping Chawla straight into a final is a huge ask. I really wish he had been selected a couple of games ago. I would still gamble with Chawla probably, though my guess is that India will stick with Joginder.
Chawla is injured. India should have tried Yusuf Pathan by now. Even now, they should but I don't know if they'll have the guts to give him a debut in a WC final. Basically, Joginder saved his India career with that splendid final over at Durban. He was terrible before that. Has he saved his spot for the final? Not so sure.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
How can you say that when they lost to Zimbabwe? And India without their main batting?
India would have lost if their main batting as there, its the no-fear youth which has risen to the occasion

I can imagine ganguly just wasting balls and making 25 in 35 balls and keeping his wicket intact.

I don't know about Tendulkar, after the england tour he was in Top gear to blast away boundaries but I still see as a blessing in disguise

I am glad we have reached the final, without any coach ( an overrated position )

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Can anyone please let me know the time the game is starting. Canadian/American eastern time if possible.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
8 am EST.
Alright thanks.

Damn I'll miss it though, it's near impossible for me to be able to watch. Cuz not only do I have my school's first cricket game of the season tomorrow, in which case I would've still skipped school and by the time the game would finish I would be in time for my school game. But I still can't skip, because I'll be missing school anyways on Tuesday because of a Tennis tournament :(, and missing two days of school in a row, not possible. So I am pretty much destined to miss the game.

Ah well will just have to record it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright thanks.

Damn I'll miss it though, it's near impossible for me to be able to watch. Cuz not only do I have my school's first cricket game of the season tomorrow, in which case I would've still skipped school and by the time the game would finish I would be in time for my school game. But I still can't skip, because I'll be missing school anyways on Tuesday because of a Tennis tournament :(, and missing two days of school in a row, not possible. So I am pretty much destined to miss the game.

Ah well will just have to record it.
Tennis>Cricket? No. ;)

R_D

International Debutant
Haha never. I wouldn't have tried out for Tennis had I known one of the tournaments would fall on such a date.
Not good enough.
Nothing should come in the way of watching the cricket final.
So excited.. less than 9 hours to go now.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Not good enough.
Nothing should come in the way of watching the cricket final.
So excited.. less than 9 hours to go now.
Dude you don't realize how badly I wanna' watch this final. Watched every single game, and then missing the final, really hurts tbh :(.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I guarantee you that Ravi Shastri will say this tomorrow just before the start in his strong deep voice:

*camera goes into the audience and shows a sold out crowd waving around tons of Indian flags*

Ravi: INDIA VS PAKISTAN, WE HAVE A SOLD OUT CROWD HERE IN JOHANNESBURG (sp?). THE ATMOSPHERE HERE IS ELECTRIFYING, I CAN BARELY HEAR MYSELF. THE CROWD IS ROARING.

EDIT: Too bad I won't be there to witness it.

adharcric

International Coach
Haha never. I wouldn't have tried out for Tennis had I known one of the tournaments would fall on such a date.
True cricket fans would quit the tennis team and drop out of school at such critical moments in life. Really, I'm starting to question your commitment.

R_D

International Debutant
Dude you don't realize how badly I wanna' watch this final. Watched every single game, and then missing the final, really hurts tbh :(.
fell sorry for you.... sympathize with you man.
I shouldn't be poking fun at you.

Dissector

International Debutant
Chawla is injured. India should have tried Yusuf Pathan by now. Even now, they should but I don't know if they'll have the guts to give him a debut in a WC final. Basically, Joginder saved his India career with that splendid final over at Durban. He was terrible before that. Has he saved his spot for the final? Not so sure.
Didn't know about Chawla's injury. What a pity. Yusuf shouldn't be dropped straight into the final. Unlike Chawla he doesn't have the experience of bowling pressure spells at the international level. I would consider Agarkar who , for all his faults, is still a better bowler than Joginder.

Mystery

School Boy/Girl Captain
Help!!

Hey People

I realize this is probably not the appropriate thread for this question, but I'm new here so cut me some slack. Can anyone please tell me if there's a way I can watch the final online? I have SopCast but it didn't work well for me for the Twenty20 matches (it was great during the worldcup few months ago). Is there some other way which someones actually tried and works well? Oh and it's gotta be FREE (uhm, yeah im cheap). I will GREATLY appreciate any help I can get. I really badly wanna watch the final and unfortunately dish network aint showing it. Thanks a billion.

adharcric

International Coach
Didn't know about Chawla's injury. What a pity. Yusuf shouldn't be dropped straight into the final. Unlike Chawla he doesn't have the experience of bowling pressure spells at the international level. I would consider Agarkar who , for all his faults, is still a better bowler than Joginder.
Please, not Agarkar. I'd continue with Joginder simply because after that excellent final over, he should be high on confidence and he may have figured out something about how you should bowl in Twenty20 cricket. He can bat as well.