• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can't believe they got $1million USD and a Porche for a player for winning a T20 semi-final. Dravid better have gotten a personal jet for winning in England, that's all I have to say.
He is lucky that he is a crickter, had he been a hockey player he would have only got a motorcycle

pup11

International Coach
Oh you missed a greatgame. I realise it appears even greater to an Indian like me. But really the cricketwas of high order from both sides. They kept going at each other from the first round to the last with fabulous energy with no one backing down for even a little bit.

Even someone like me who isn't the greatest fan of this format was absolutely transfixed by contest.

For Australia, I think the fall from the high standards, he himself set not so long back, oh Hussey must count as one of the major disappointments. He seems to be a faint shadow of the man who took the game by storm.

For the sake of cricket fans around the world, irrespective of affiliations, I hope he gets back to his best. The game needs talents like his.
You are being really harsh with Huss mate, what makes you think he is out of form he just didn't had a good hit in the WC and in T20 WC he did his bit whenever he got a chance (though i don't think his batting style was suited for this format), even yesterday he was doing ok but he pulled a hammy which is always distracting, it was Haddin who just gift-wrapped the game and gave it away to the Indians he came in with Aussies needing 29 of 17, but he kept on swinging wildly rather than giving strike to Huss and in the end 22 were required of 6 balls (all because of Haddin's braindead batting) and that was always going to be too much, even for Mr.Cricket!

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
THAT is the problem with administration in India and Pak. We award people before hand. These awards can surely come after the tournament, regardless of which team wins the final?

It is not us CW fans who are going overboard, but I guess some boards are going overboard with rewards and stuff. :(
The problem is that they over-react, and the recation is often premature.I remember people attacking the homes of Indian cricketers during the early part of 2003 WC when India lost some early match, yet they same Indian team went on to play the WC final!!!

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Talking about final , i think both teams are very good, the team that will lift the trophy will be the one that is mentally stronger.

India have reached the final after beating two of the top teams of the world, therefore they should starts as the fav's for the final.

pup11

International Coach
Congratulations India

on a deserved win....now other Teams can look at India and Pakistan and learn that the Aussies can be beaten provided the players go with positive frame of mind and give their best without getting carried away by preconceived hype ..... And also their(Australia's) old stalwarts are no longer there...so they are beatable....provided Teams and players play positively....

The Final should be Brilliant....The best Teams in 20/20 have reached the Finals and I am so pleased....:)
I don't know why everyone keeps on dragging the fact that Australia would be a weaker team without their stalwarts, now they would surely be missed but its not as if Australia would turn into a poor side overnight.
If one looks at Australia's last 3 world cup campaigns one would realise why they have been such a good side over the years, from 99 to 07 they have kept on losing stalwarts in between but players who have come into their places have stepped up big time and after every 4 years Australia has won the world cup even more convincingly as compared to the last one.
I think Australia has nothing to be ashamed of, everyone saw that they weren't in any sort of rhythm through this series but still they managed to make it to the semi-finals, and even when they were not at their best it took their oppositions "A" game to beat them.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It is not us CW fans who are going overboard, but I guess some boards are going overboard with rewards and stuff. :(
Does anyone remember what preceded (and followed) the 2003 World Cup final? Sahara's Amby Valley (also the team's kit sponsors) gifted them (in an advertisement) a stay in some resort, if they won, and even though they didn't, they still won it, and the ad had to be changed. Some corporate giants also go overboard here.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
it was Haddin who just gift-wrapped the game and gave it away to the Indians he came in with Aussies needing 29 of 17, but he kept on swinging wildly rather than giving strike to Huss and in the end 22 were required of 6 balls (all because of Haddin's braindead batting) and that was always going to be too much, even for Mr.Cricket!
The original Dinesh Karthik? Looking at that innings closely, the similarities were too obvious.

pup11

International Coach
Nah... Arjun Haddin is usually a pretty good batsman but yesterday something happened to him, i mean 29 of 17 balls shouldn't have been a problem by T20 standards if he would batted sensibly, but it seemed like he wanted to hit 6's and 4's from the first ball he faced and walk away as the hero.

Days of Grace

International Captain
pup hit the nail on the head there. Should have just got bat on it for a single to bring Mr. Cricket on strike.

Delusions of grandeur?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Have some faith in your team. Quite frankly, I can't see this team being flat and listless - not with characters such as Yuvraj, Harbhajan, Sreesanth, RPS and Dhoni in the mix. Plenty of youth in there as well, don't count on it. :)
Exactly, this is what I said before too, shortly after India had won the match. This is not the same team that falls flat after a few good performances. I have faith in this team, they will put up a great performance tommorow, win or lose, because they're a young energetic side that is hungry for wins. And you could see that throughout this tournament.

And no by saying this I don't mean they're the new world champions or anything of that sort 8-).

sideshowtim

Banned
I don't know why everyone keeps on dragging the fact that Australia would be a weaker team without their stalwarts, now they would surely be missed but its not as if Australia would turn into a poor side overnight.
If one looks at Australia's last 3 world cup campaigns one would realise why they have been such a good side over the years, from 99 to 07 they have kept on losing stalwarts in between but players who have come into their places have stepped up big time and after every 4 years Australia has won the world cup even more convincingly as compared to the last one.
I think Australia has nothing to be ashamed of, everyone saw that they weren't in any sort of rhythm through this series but still they managed to make it to the semi-finals, and even when they were not at their best it took their oppositions "A" game to beat them.
Spot on!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I have feeling that Pakistan is going to break the WC jix tomorrow and which is okay, they have been a good team in this tournament.

What I fear is that Pakistani fans, Man they have been waiting for a long long time. :)

Dissector

International Debutant
Pakistan's advantage is that they have successfully chased targets unlike India. In the big games the team batting second is generally under more pressure. I don't know how well India would cope with that. Obviously the toss is going to be crucial.

R_D

International Debutant
I know this is fairly juvenile, but still, has Raghav made an appearance out of curiosity? CBF going through what appears to be a war between the Indian posters and showsidetim.
Na not yet...
If India lose tomorrow.. expect to see him around otherwise if India win... we might not see him around until Aus V Ind ODI series.

Dissector

International Debutant
BTW what is the general opinion about Joginder? He did get the job done in that final over but I still don't think he is a good enough bowler. OTOH dropping Chawla straight into a final is a huge ask. I really wish he had been selected a couple of games ago. I would still gamble with Chawla probably, though my guess is that India will stick with Joginder.