• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

haroon510

International 12th Man
With today's pakistan win against australia, This is my semifinal line-up

Pakistan vs New Zealand
South africa Vs Australia

Finals

South africa Vs Pakistan

Lets see what really happens from now on.
lets hope aussies lose to SL... that way we would see something new and diffferent.. a new champian for sure

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Semis:

NZL vs Australia
India vs Pakistan

Final:

India vs Australia

Winner:

I don't have to say it, after over an year on CW, you all know me well enough to guess what I would put under this. :cool:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Semis:

NZL vs Australia
India vs Pakistan

Final:

India vs Australia

Winner:

I don't have to say it, after over an year on CW, you all know me well enough to guess what I would put under this. :cool:
Of course we do....Pakistan :dry:

Flem274*

123/5
wht is so uphill..they have to just beat AUS....

with any one player having a big day either team can WIN
The way theyve been playing in the earlier stages you'd expect it would be Pakistan that would have to beat aus. And while SL are very, very good, must wins against Australia isn't exactly what SL would have been hoping for.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite a comfortable seat I would imagine.
I am sure he has a very comfortable seat in his house watching all this in SL.:laugh:

Pakistan look like they will top Group F (as I cannot see them losing to Bangladesh) and NZ look set to Top Group E.

So it would seem Semifinal 1 - South Africa (E2) v Pakistan (F1) and Semifinal 2 - NZ (E1) v Australia (F2) .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am sure he has a very comfortable seat in his house watching all this in SL.:laugh:

Pakistan look like they will top Group F (as I cannot see them losing to Bangladesh) and NZ look set to Top Group E.

So it would seem Semifinal 1 - South Africa (E2) v Pakistan (F1) and Semifinal 2 - NZ (E1) v Australia (F2) .
Australia could still lose to Sri Lanka. Its not impossible.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Semis:

NZL vs Australia
India vs Pakistan

Final:

India vs Australia

Winner:

india won't make it to final even if they call sachin in the team... lol

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
in a world cup..are you sure.......u r still to beat us in 32 years :)

32 long years :)
We should stop talking so much of it because it may lead to "apshagun" (bad omen) :)

BTW, Sachin has played against Pakistan in each of his first four world cups (both Pakistan and India conspired to deny him a fifth clash) in four different continents, with three differnt opening partners on the three times that he opened, at an average of 76.00 !!

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
in a world cup..are you sure.......u r still to beat us in 32 years :)

32 long years :)
But this is a 20 WC and not the 50 over format !! As such history is limited to days and not years.

India took more than 50 years to win a test series in Pak (don't even know if they won a single test in Pak before) yet one day things changed.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India took more than 50 years to win a test series in Pak (don't even know if they won a single test in Pak before) yet one day things changed.
Thats absolutely true my dear. (Its actually 49 years but thats not relevant).

And yes we hadn't even won a test match in Pakistan in all these years.

Good rejoinder :)

biased indian

International Coach
But this is a 20 WC and not the 50 over format !! As such history is limited to days and not years.

hope fully it will take PAK 50 years to beat us in any format of WORLD CUP :)

but one thing i have to say, for the first time since i have started watching cricket i would like pak to win a tournament if india cannot.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I am soooooooooo rooting for India to make it to the Semis so they can face Pakistan again. We need to avenge that loss through that dire bowl-out! :cool: