• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group F - Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm this was a big result for Pakistan, given Australia is going to very tough to beat and Pak & SL should beat Bangladesh there would have to be a bit of a shock result somewhere for Sri Lanka to qualify now, even if they beat Australia and Bangladesh they could easily go out on NRR anyway.

haroon510

International 12th Man
the upcoming match of pakistan would be really tough one...
pakistan has to make some big changes in thier top order in order to defeat aus..

i think they should drop nazir and hafeez and replace them with yasir arafat and abdur rahman....

promot afridi to opening position and malik to number three and misbah ul haq to number five..
the team should look like this

salman butt
afridi
malik
younis
misbah ul haq
kamran akmal
yasir arafat
sohail tanvear
gul
asif
abdul rahman
inorder to beat aus pakistan's top order has to make some runs here.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Top class batting by Younis. Fabulous.

He always bats bettter than I think he is. I must be biased :)

Laurrz

International Debutant
i cant wait for Australia vs Pakistan
first time we have played the Pakis in about 30 months! amazing

shame about ch 9....

Paks bowling is really strong.. key is also Aussies top order..if the openers fire 200 is a liability....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan deserved winners.

SL struggle against quality sides without Murali.

Mubarak again proved how rubbish he is against quality bowling sides. Maharoof and Lokuaraachchi should come in but I am not a selector, so likely Mubarak will continue to play...:)

Aus and Pak certain to qualify now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tanvir gets Gilly as he was looking good (well, going by Cricinfo), two down now. This is where we need to watch out and make sure we don't lose the plot, as in our trial games/Zimbabwe.