• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group F - Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah Mortaza. Average at best.

Really wish Hogg was in our line-up. Can't help but feel the 20/20 outfit is missing Heal.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Tharanga bites the dust this time. tharanga has been having a really poor tournament and wasn't even impressive in the chances given to him till now.

Wish lanka did not drop attapattu now that jaya is also aging fast.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone noticed that the Pakistani team seem to have dropped the inshallah and Inzy-esque rhetoric at the post match interviews and what-not. Malik didn’t even praise Allah for the win, just the boys…
Its not so much the dropping of Inshallah but the effort being made to get the boys to improve their communication skills. I think it is fantastic. They must get the confidence to ba able to speak to the media. It would be great for the world to know what they think on different aspects of the game.

We are all aware of their talent but the world would like to know them better as individuals.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not to be picky pasag, but Pakistan didn't exactly "stun" Australia. That makes it sound like Pakistan is minnow compared to Australia.

pasag

RTDAS
Not to be picky pasag, but Pakistan didn't exactly "stun" Australia. That makes it sound like Pakistan is minnow compared to Australia.
I think it was enough of an upset to use that term. I don't see much of a problem with it.

Silva gone.

Edit: Quick Google search shows others used the same/similar headlines Yahoo, The Times.

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
148 to win, they shouldn't worry about the NRR conserve wickets bat like they did vs Australia for the first 5 overs and then go boom boom

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
148 to win, they shouldn't worry about the NRR conserve wickets bat like they did vs Australia for the first 5 overs and then go boom boom
I would go the other way, it sounds like a sluggish pitch so it's going to be very difficult to time the ball for boundaries and clear the fielders in the later overs. With the new ball coming on a bit more and the field in I think that's the best time to attack and take risks. Something like 64-3 off 6 overs would be a pretty decent start because it gets the RRR down to 6 - on a slow pitch it's the run-rate that's the difficult part not the keeping wickets intact.