• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group F - Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh

It was fantastic to see a couple of Indian tri colours goingaround alongwith half a dozen Pakistan flags as Misbah was hitting his boundaries.

Something for some of the hot-heads here to learn from ?
I think people from Pakistan should support India and vice versa as long as the game is not India vs Pakistan.

pup11

International Coach
Australia also needs to get rid of their seven batsman theory in the next game, Clarke batting at 7 is such a waste, i would drop Hodge and bring in Watson (and use the combination of Watson, Clarke and Symonds as the 5th bowler).
Yeah i know dropping Hodgey seems to be a bit harsh, but i would have Clarke over him for his fielding and bowling (though Clarke's bowling has been dire, but Hodgey's bowling is even more dire) more than anything else.

Australia also needs to get rid of their seven batsman theory in the next game, Clarke batting at 7 is such a waste, i would drop Hodge and bring in Watson (and use the combination of Watson, Clarke and Symonds as the 5th bowler).Yeah i know dropping Hodgey seems to be a bit harsh, but i would have Clarke over him for his fielding and bowling (though Clarke's bowling has been dire, but Hodgey's bowling is even more dire) more than anything else.
I always thought that any bowler bowling 1 over had to finish the quota of 4 overs in Twent20 cricket:unsure:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top performance from Pakistan. Misbah and Malik batted beautifully, especially the former who looks an extremely cool customer, has all the shots and a fantastic temperament it would seem. Only problem Pakistan will face is that their top order is shocking, Butt and Hafeez are useless, which isn’t any surprise for Hafeez has failed so many times in one day cricket but Pakistan can’t keep relying on their middle order to get them out of strife. They need to step it up in that department but aside from that they thoroughly deserved to win.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
It was fantastic to see a couple of Indian tri colours goingaround alongwith half a dozen Pakistan flags as Misbah was hitting his boundaries.

I saw that on the highlights of the Pak vs. SL game yesterday, too -- dammit, the Indians should be supporting SL and Bangladesh, not Pakistan! :huh:

pup11

International Coach
Bhupinder, no its not compulsory for a bowler who bowls 1 over in T20 cricket to complete his quota of 4 overs.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Australia also needs to get rid of their seven batsman theory in the next game, Clarke batting at 7 is such a waste, i would drop Hodge and bring in Watson (and use the combination of Watson, Clarke and Symonds as the 5th bowler).
Yeah i know dropping Hodgey seems to be a bit harsh, but i would have Clarke over him for his fielding and bowling (though Clarke's bowling has been dire, but Hodgey's bowling is even more dire) more than anything else.

Best thing about international 20/20 cricket for mine, good spinners do well but the crap spinners are more than likely to fly.
Faiip (sp) should be pleased anyhow with the performance of Andy Symonds, for his slowly losing his grip as the best bowler in 20/20 history. A point which Faiip loves to reiterate. :)

pasag

RTDAS
No way at dropping Hodge. One of our best batsmen in this format. Would drop Clarke before him here tbh although I'd keep the side the same for now anyways.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think there's any point just dropping a batsman. Surely better is to swap a batsman and a bowler for Watson and Hogg. I really think the side looks way better with someone who knows what they're doing taking the pace off.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone noticed that the Pakistani team seem to have dropped the inshallah and Inzy-esque rhetoric at the post match interviews and what-not. Malik didn’t even praise Allah for the win, just the boys…

pup11

International Coach
No "inshallah" is very much a part of Pakistani post-match interviews, its just that Malik is not too heavily involved with religious activites.

Fusion

Global Moderator

Absolutely. I know I'd be cheering for India against any other team besides Pakistan.

R_D

International Debutant
Nice win by Pakistan.. Congrats... seriously need to get rid off Salman Butt, he has no idea how to play 20/20 cricket and The other opener... He's a very very poor version of Afridi... might as well put Afridi in to bat if they want someone brainless opening their batting.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Anyone noticed that the Pakistani team seem to have dropped the inshallah and Inzy-esque rhetoric at the post match interviews and what-not. Malik didn’t even praise Allah for the win, just the boys…
Its part of the new managements stance to show Pakistan as a 'moderate' country and wipe religious elements from the team. Partly why Mohammad Yousuf was dropped from the team and his reaction to join ICL.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Congratulations, Pakistan. I watched the whole match and whoever thinks 20/20 is just slogging and no proper cricket shots, should watch this match. Malik and especially Misbah, played some gorgeous, genuine cricket shots. Their batting was a delight to watch.:) I'm really scared for South Africa if we have to play Pakistan.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Great win for Pakistan, I had really lost hope after Younis got out but that over where Malik clobbered Clark was the turning point of the match. I know its just T20, but I am very excited at the prospect of having Malik leading from the front.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Congratulations, Pakistan. I watched the whole match and whoever thinks 20/20 is just slogging and no proper cricket shots, should watch this match. Malik and especially Misbah, played some gorgeous, genuine cricket shots. Their batting was a delight to watch.:) I'm really scared for South Africa if we have to play Pakistan.
Yeah this is partially why I'm really enjoying these last two wins from Pakistan. Its sensible batting and smart bowling that have won us matches, not power hitting or such. Now if we could just get rid of Salman Butt, we'd stop pressuring our middle order and be even more dangerous.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I saw that on the highlights of the Pak vs. SL game yesterday, too -- dammit, the Indians should be supporting SL and Bangladesh, not Pakistan! :huh:
Why ? :)

The top four teams I support in serial order are

1. India
2. Pakistan
3. Sri Lanka
4. NewZealand​

We feel much closer to Pakistanis than we feel to anyone else. Haneef, Fazal Mehmood, Zaheer, Imran, Wasim etc have/had a massive fan following in India. They are/were extremely popular and were even during the days when relations were not so good between our two countries.